Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

Enriched Autogen

Hi,

Any of you heard of this term? It's sort of an alternative for ortho scenery in XP-11.  Here is a video which explains it all:

https://youtu.be/hCIualkellY?t=2s

This technique was developed by a fellow who used to spend lots of time creating ortho sceneries and not enough time flying.

The essential concept is that he sandwiches his own custom version of w2xp between AIPilotX's HD and UHD meshes and an overlay created with Ortho4XP. He only uses that tool to create the overlay, not photo scenery. 

The video explains it all, both in text-to-speech during the video and in the footnotes. He had made available w2xp files for all of Europe and the western USA through his own personal DropBox account.

There is also a link in the notes to a discussion going on at the org.

I'd be very interested to know what you folks think about this idea.

Thanks and regards,

Tom

• Like 1

I watched half of it.  Looks like he's flying helos pretty low most of the time, he's got so many objects I suppose it would make sense to have custom auto gen.

For me, my ZL16 is still pretty awesome although I I had a new pc I'd make ZL17.

i used to really miss seasons in XP but the ortho4xp has suppressed my longing for them

oh one more thing - he mentions no fps hit - the objects slider is a direct CPU related function - higher auto gen more CPU it takes.  I have my objects two notches down otherwise my fps drop a lot.

loading ortho does create initial stutters or stutters when I transition tile boundaries.

Id say he did a decent job with the autogen but I'm not so sure how well it would work in the USA, OSM data isn't great.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've seen that video before too, and while it looks great, from what I understand the primary effect is to add urban / suburban trees to existing pre-compiled W2XP scenery. It also suppresses the existing vector networks, hence the need for an OrthoXP overlay, so as to 're-place' those networks, drawing from the up-to-date data in XP11.

I don't know, it seems a bit of a complex method to achieve this. The video looks nice.

What this video DOES do is remind me that I'd really like to learn how to use World2XPlane one of these days.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

For the most part, I think it's just a combination of W2XP created with a custom config that retains the default residential autogen. I already to do this with my own custom W2XP config, and, while better than default, combining this technique with ortho4xp is when the real WOW factor comes in. Unfortunately, good orthophotos are not available in all regions, so this so called 'enhanced autogen' is the next best thing in those situations. I still need to purchase a 4TB HD so I can add more ortho scenery.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Hello, I have installed this 'scenery' on top of HD Global Scenery3 and w2xp-America and it looks fine.  Toughest thing for me to get right is where does it fit into the scenery_packs.ini ?

Hello, i'll try to install it but i see some repetitive files in the dropbox  "native" enriched" and i don't know wis one (or both) i must dowload and install. can you help?