Sign in to follow this  
sunshy

Scenery library got completely messed up (FSX & ORBX)

Hello All,

I have posted this issue also at the ORBX support forum but I really would like to hear from your experience with the Scenery Library order (which giving me a terrible headache :) ).

I was trying to install  ORBX "NA Northern Rockies" and "NA Northern California"  using "FTX central 3" and after installation it looks it made my scenery library got completely messed up  (All ORBX products were at the top of the scenery library since the insertion point in the FTX central 3 setup screen was set incorrectly, which I fixed already).

I have read several posts I found regarding the scenery library order and I managed to fix most of the issues (at least I think I've managed ) but if you'll look at the screenshot I took while I was flying over Vancouver area, you can see I still have some problems...

I have also attached my current scenery library order (after trying to set it again) and I kindly ask you for your opinion how should I "build" it again correctly.

Some comments regarding the scenery library:

1. I'm sorry the scenery library are JPEG file, I didn't know how to export it as a text file.

2. entries number 54 & 55 are "FreeMesh X Europe" & "FreeMesh X Africa"

3. entries number 83-170 are not showing here but they are exist in my scenery library and include the "1106 Base" to  "0007 Base" entries.

4.  I used http://c-aviation.net/fsx-scenery-library-order-orbx-global/ for trying to fix my scenery library

Any recommendation or tips will be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Shy

ORBX products I'm using:

2017_05_07_09_21_06_My_Account_Orbx.png.

My current Scenery Library (after I tried to re-arrange it):

590efe0971600_SceneryLib1.jpg.acbd79e775

590efdfb645b4_SceneryLib2.jpg.e9589d2c95

590efdd84ddb3_SceneryLib3.jpg.c6ca166019

Flying over Vancouver British Columbia (see the ground textures...)

590efdc7191b6_DisplayproblemScenerylib.j

Here is my scenery order created by FTX central 3. 

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

ORBX!OPENLC_!EUROPE_LIGHTS

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE10

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE2

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE3

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE4

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE5

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE6

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE7

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE8

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE9

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE

Addon airports

Addon Scenery

Edwards_AFB - Africa

Base 1107 - 0000

ORBX!VECTOR_AEC

Default Scenery

Default Terrain

Hope it helps...

• Upvote 1

Hi Shy !

Your scenery lib is ok! Make a copy of it and save it in the same place.Saves a lot of work.

Because using FTX Central is deleting everything except default stuff and ORBX(at the top).on my system.

Scott

On 5/8/2017 at 4:11 AM, Clio172 said:

Here is my scenery order created by FTX central 3. 

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

ORBX!OPENLC_!EUROPE_LIGHTS

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE10

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE2

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE3

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE4

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE5

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE6

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE7

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE8

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE9

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE

Addon airports

Addon Scenery

Edwards_AFB - Africa

Base 1107 - 0000

ORBX!VECTOR_AEC

Default Scenery

Default Terrain

Hope it helps...

You should put the Vector stuff where the "Addon Aiports" are and the "Addon Aiports" at the top. Generally the best practice is this order from top to bottom.

Addon airports

ORBX Airports

Photoreal Scenery if used or ORBX Regions

Landclass

Vector programs (UTX or FTX Vector)

Mesh

Best way to think of it as the mesh is the mesh wire that shapes the earth. Then the Vector program defines the waterways, rivers, coastline and roads. Then on top of that you add the landclass which tells the sim what textures to place on top of that stuff. At the very top of this you place your Addon airports. You don't want Addon airports below all that stuff or you just asking for issues with them displaying properly. This is all outlines in the ORBX PDF guide posted on their website.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 5/15/2017 at 8:07 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

You should put the Vector stuff where the "Addon Aiports" are and the "Addon Aiports" at the top. Generally the best practice is this order from top to bottom.

Addon airports

ORBX Airports

Photoreal Scenery if used or ORBX Regions

Landclass

Vector programs (UTX or FTX Vector)

Mesh

Best way to think of it as the mesh is the mesh wire that shapes the earth. Then the Vector program defines the waterways, rivers, coastline and roads. Then on top of that you add the landclass which tells the sim what textures to place on top of that stuff. At the very top of this you place your Addon airports. You don't want Addon airports below all that stuff or you just asking for issues with them displaying properly. This is all outlines in the ORBX PDF guide posted on their website.

Before I was upgrade FTXCentral2 my scenery order same as you state. FTXC3 has changed the order automatically and it works perfect. 

11 hours ago, Clio172 said:

Before I was upgrade FTXCentral2 my scenery order same as you state. FTXC3 has changed the order automatically and it works perfect. 

It may seem ok for now but I can guarantee you that at some point having your Addon airports below the Vector entries is going to cause issues with some Addon airports. If and when you find those issues at least now you will know how to fix it by moving the airports back to the top.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator