Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominique

a thought about aircraft reviews

Guest Dominique

Just read the interesting review on the DF 727.One item which should be standard in any aircraft review IMHO is a detailed comment on the fluidity of the VC gauges and also of their lighting at night and their clarity at dusk/dawn when FS9 has not yet switched on the night textures. Dominique

Guest jennifer

Yes, I think that a kind of checklist of 'features to comment on' that all the reviewers should go through when writing a review would be a good thing. Having said that, I enjoyed the 727 review, and although I haven't yet purchased the Whisperjet, the review pushed me a little closer to parting with my money.

Guest vas_yan

VC fluidity is pretty good. To me it is very flyable, but not up to Realair levels. This is understandable in view of that the 727 gauges are not part of the mdl like Realair's. In addition cockpit lighting is really intricate so you shouldn't have a problem with clarity at problematic times of day. I recall having seen some screenshots of the various types of VC lighting made by Paul, but i don't remember where (helpful, I know...). Maybe you should check the 727 dedicated forum.My opinion, don't let any of this stop you getting the plane, it is perfectly enoyable as is.Regards,

Guest Len

I like flying with the VC but I must say on DF's 727 I far prefer flying from the 2D cockpit. I don't like the VC and I can't put my finger on it. I guess it's just the panel itself and some aesthetic considerations. However, the 2D option has a number of very nice views; the panel lighting is great and it feels like that DF's Greatest Airliner's 737.

Ismet,Get it mate, I have it, the new update was the best freebie I have ever known.The Dreamfleet team are, to me, on the top level for software. I have since bought other 'GA' (not interested in light aircraft previously) after watching Jeff Greth's super video's.The '727's are very immersive and their VC cockpit is awesome.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

I agree with Dave T, have over 32 hours flying the DF 727. If you are a 727 fan such as myself, this program is a "must have". Also, enjoyed the DF727 Review.Erv/KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

I just bought the 727 the other day having had the CS 727 for two years and I was blown away at the difference. The 2D panels are a work of art, and they depict what you would see (none of that sit on the pedestal crap that others put out). The FDEs are great across the board. Yeah, the VC doesn't look like the 2D panels, but that's becuase the 2D panels are so freakin' awesome. I don't usually fly with the 2D panel, but I fly exclusively with it in the DF and love every second. You should definitely get it if you haven't yet.best,scott

Guest jennifer

Thanks Dave.......I will, after all : "every man really should have a hobby he can't afford...":+ :-wave

Guest Dominique

Thank you Vassilis for your interesting answer. I agree with Ismet that a checklist would make reviews of that kind much better. Checklists are not foreign to the avaition world, right :) ?AFAIC, besides VC gauges readability day/dusk/night (flooded/backlit?), I would add an item on the ability of the A/P approach mode to capture ILS beam without horizontal oscillations... You rarely see that kind of hard facts in reviews yet they are important when you do fly an aircraft.D

Guest IanP

Autopilot handling in general still seems to be barely mentioned in reviews - a lot of them, simply because the reviewer is rarely an ATPL with appropriate type certificate, just say "the flight dynamics seem about right" to cover both autopilot and hand flying characteristics.I find autopilot inability to hold speed a particular bugbear that tends to get carried around from panel to panel a lot because they use the default autopilot. That has abysmal speed control, especially during descents. I suspect it's also quite a lot of work to fix, so don't expect every freeware developer to program their own replacement! ;-)Unfortunately, you'll never cover everything that every possible user will want to know, but I think a checklist covering "the basics" would be a very good idea indeed.Cheers,Ian P.

Guest Dominique

> so don't expect every freeware developer>to program their own replacement! ;-) We're talking money loss inducing stuff (ie payware) here Ian...