Sign in to follow this  
dth

Reinstallation

Hi Steve, Because of a defective hard drive I need to reinstall dx10 fixer.  Unfortunately it's not entirely obvious to me how this is achieved unless of course there is only a one time installation.  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Due to latest issues upon release of the Creators Update, I had to reinstall the fixer at least 4 times now. This wasn't an issue!

You just rerun the installer and start it. The Fixer will ask for your credentials when you try installing the libraries (eMail and Key).

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Thanks Mr Reaper for your very prompt reply.  Running the risk of appearing dozy I am wondering where this installer is located.  I have tried the "Purchase" screen on Steve's page but there is no place for my order number etc.  Is it something I can download online

Well this is what was inside my purchase mail:

"This link is valid for 21 days only so please download and back up.
If an new version is released then the same download link can be used to download the update - the link will be valid for a further 21 days after the new version is released.

Should you need the download link reactivated at any time then contact
<using the support email at the front of the manual>

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

<dth>  I have sent you a PM, I am happy to help but I need a few detail  to find your order.  

I removed the support email from GEK's post - its in the manual if you need it, but I don't want to get too much junk sent to me on it which is what tends to happen if an email is on a public forum.

I have REX Essential + Overdrive installed.. When I initially installed DX10Fixer, iIt did not show up in the add-ons list. The example in manual shows REX as a add-on. I have Version 3.3 Build 103. I tried doing a full uninstall, but even after deleting the directory in C:Program Data, I'm not seeing the add-on list like it is a subsequent install.

Am I doing something wrong?

For new purchases of Dx10 Scenery Fixer there is a fast start screen that they see in the initial install  that  asks them to tick boxes based on the addons that they have.  The information that they provide is used to customise a handful of  settings - all of which are documented in the manual.

So for  Active Sky Next it sets the two missing texture tick boxes in the clouds menu and the missing texture box in the rain dialog.

For 737NGX  it ticks the 737NGX setting in the Shadows dialog

For Rex there are no settings - it just displays a popup with some advice to tick the DX10 options in REX and make sure that water is not 32 bit.

Existing customers reinstalling don't see that as they simply retain their previous settings.

So you aren't doing anything wrong and you aren't missing out as you can easily change the real settings in the dialogs.

If you really want to see the screen, do a full uninstall, then delete the fixer directory under program data and the settings from AppData\Local DX10SceneryFixer.   You will have to re-enter your license and all your settings will be lost, but you will then see the screen.