Sign in to follow this  
chuchu40

P3D CTD

Can someone give me some insight as to why my P3D is crashing? Thanks.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1066, time stamp: 0x58d9f07f
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000da932
Faulting process id: 0x758
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c7e1af81f7df
Faulting application path: D:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 477d3ed1-f438-4d08-beb3-a93963e2fd02
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Specs:

i7-6700 4.00ghz

32 GB

64bit

Win10

Nvidia GTX980

Not trying to be snarky but have you checked out this document? After going through the possible causes when I could not complete a 3 hour flight because of CTDs,  I have not had any since January because of this guide. It can be tedious and a lot of trial and error but it is the perfect self help guide.

Mario Di Lauro

Thanks Mario for the kind comments about the guide.  To add, on page 32 of the CTD Guide (see link in my signature) are some suggestions for fixing the kernelbase.dll error (found via Google searches).  I would also suggest running this near freeware program from Tweaking.com - http://www.tweaking.com/.  This Windows repair program fixes a lot of corruption with Windows and it easier to run than trying to repair any corrupted user profile.  It's freeware.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 5/8/2017 at 6:37 AM, tamsini said:

Not trying to be snarky but have you checked out this document? After going through the possible causes when I could not complete a 3 hour flight because of CTDs,  I have not had any since January because of this guide. It can be tedious and a lot of trial and error but it is the perfect self help guide.

Thanks for the guide mate! Hopefully I can find the solution there.