Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

How do you launch MCE?

Hello,

I know I can launch MCE before P3D, and this is ok. But what if I need to launch it after P3D is running and RC4 (on a networked machine) has been connected as advised by the tutorial? I checked P3D menus and there is nothing related to MCE. Do I need to go to Window's Start, find MCE and launch mce.exe from there or something like that? What is your technique?

Also, what is the functionality of fsInsider.ll foun in DLL.XML?

Thanks,

Dirk.

38 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:
38 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

" Do I need to go to Window's Start, find MCE and launch mce.exe from there or something like that?"

Exactly. Or add a shortcut to the task bar.

Always better to start PF3 or RC4 before MCE though, so it can recognise the ATC program.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Stuart, could you post your complete [ATC] section of mce.ini found in AppData/Roaming when you fly with any of RC4 or PF3 or ATCP/X? I have a trouble with understanding of some of the conventions in that section in the current version of mce.

Much thanks,

Dirk.

I look forward to seeing it.

Thank you, Stuart! 

Dirk

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Hello,

I know I can launch MCE before P3D, and this is ok. But what if I need to launch it after P3D is running and RC4 (on a networked machine) has been connected as advised by the tutorial? I checked P3D menus and there is nothing related to MCE. Do I need to go to Window's Start, find MCE and launch mce.exe from there or something like that? What is your technique?

Also, what is the functionality of fsInsider.ll foun in DLL.XML?

Thanks,

Dirk.

In this case (RC4 networked), MCE must be lauched last, After P3D is running and RC4 already connected to FSUIPC.

fsInsider.dll is what provides MCE with flight sim insight. Things like general flight sim variables status, weather info, displayed ATC options, what GSX and other add-ons write to green bar, display spoken commands,  etc..

MCE will not run without that dll already loaded in the sim.

We run MCE deliberately outside the simulator process, for better stability of the latter and to prevent the speech engine using the precious VAS memory. fsInsider.dll uses less than 7 MB 

The speech engine and FO audio dlls would otherwise gobble-up 400 to 500 MB if we ran the whole MCE in fsInsider.dll

10 minutes ago, FS++ said:

We run MCE deliberately outside the simulator process, for better stability of the latter and to prevent the speech engine using the precious VAS memory. fsInsider.dll uses less than 7 MB 

The speech engine and FO audio dlls would otherwise gobble-up 400 to 500 MB if we ran the whole MCE in fsInsider.dll

Excellent, with ProcessLasso I'll assign mce.exe to Core#3 then.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dirk,

Do you still need to see my mce.ini ATC section, or has FS++ answered your queries?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

8 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Dirk,

Do you still need to see my mce.ini ATC section, or has FS++ answered your queries?

Stuart

Sure thing, Stuart, still want to see yours. If you also fly with PF3 I'd like to see it too.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Ok Dirk,

As you hadn't replied earlier I didn't send anything, but I'll try and find time tomorrow afternoon.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373