Sign in to follow this  
Toni Rauch

Steam - why all the fuss?

I can't understand why people rate Steam so highly - my experience has been the opposite!

I've tried to register on the Steam forum many times but have never received the required activation email from them.

Research suggests that there are loads of others with the same problem and there doesn't appear to be any way of contacting Steam to get this sorted.

Steam certainly has 'issues' and don't seem to care much about their customer base....

Toni. 

I've been with Steam since launching FSX-SE.
I had a problem, but it was my fault, I changed my computer and forgot my Steam password.
But I had my phone registered on Steam, so with key sent by phone Steam started verification process to authenticate the owner and everything resolved, quite fast.
I consider it very good, nothing to complain about.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Hi Folks,

I opened a ticket with them once - it took months to get a response...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

57 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I opened a ticket with them once - it took months to get a response...

Regards,

Scott

I opened my first ticket ever with them a few weeks ago. It was resolved in hours. The hard part was figuring out how to actually contact them, as it becomes very clear after trying that they very very heavily prefer customers to self service.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

36 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I opened my first ticket ever with them a few weeks ago. It was resolved in hours. The hard part was figuring out how to actually contact them, as it becomes very clear after trying that they very very heavily prefer customers to self service.

To be fair - my issue was several years ago - so maybe they've improved - or maybe I was just the unlucky one that fell through the cracks...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

11 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

To be fair - my issue was several years ago - so maybe they've improved - or maybe I was just the unlucky one that fell through the cracks...

Regards,
Scott 

Honestly, I was surprised. Usually when you contact anyone's internet customer service email support, you get the standard blah blah about them contacting you within 48 hours, and I actually was resigned to not even hearing back from them for days.

But I fell asleep for a few hours and when I woke up, there was an email from support saying they had investigated, repaired the issues, and would wait to hear if there were any further problems. I closed the ticket and that was that.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Regards,
Scott 

It did not change, at the end of last year I tried to contact support, helping a friend, before being able to write something was very difficult, Steam anyway pushed me to automated support.
But when I got it was quick solution.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

8 hours ago, Toni Rauch said:

I can't understand why people rate Steam so highly - my experience has been the opposite!

I've tried to register on the Steam forum many times but have never received the required activation email from them.

Research suggests that there are loads of others with the same problem and there doesn't appear to be any way of contacting Steam to get this sorted.

Steam certainly has 'issues' and don't seem to care much about their customer base....

Toni. 

Since we already have a 5 page thread on the Steam topic, let continue the discussion in one topic.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator