Sign in to follow this  
claudiofalcao

Panel and effects - Is there any relation?

Hello guys!
I'm trying to fit condensation effects (from FSFX Immersion - I have licensed product) on the wing of my Posky/PSS 777 merge. The problem is that when I'm using the airplane with its panel (PSS), the effects don't appear. When I remove the panel, the effects appears.
Does anyone have any idea why this happens?
Thanks in advance.

Cláudio

Yes, certain panels have so called "hidden" gauges, which if programmed correctly, will initiate certain effects under certain (XML coded) conditions. I suspect that you have substituted an original panel, along with it's, in your case, very specific hidden gauges, by another panel and in so doing, you now no longer have the required hidden gauges.

Hidden gauges are those that are positioned outside the visible panel area but remain active.

I hope this helps

Hans

5 hours ago, hjwalter said:

Yes, certain panels have so called "hidden" gauges, which if programmed correctly, will initiate certain effects under certain (XML coded) conditions. I suspect that you have substituted an original panel, along with it's, in your case, very specific hidden gauges, by another panel and in so doing, you now no longer have the required hidden gauges.

Hidden gauges are those that are positioned outside the visible panel area but remain active.

I hope this helps

Hans

Hi Hans and thanks for your comments.

I've the FS Panel. I'll try to discover what is hidden gauge inside the PSS panel that causes this conflict.

Cláudio

14 hours ago, claudiofalcao said:

When I remove the panel, the effects appears.

Hidden/not hidden makes no difference. How about you telling us what you are using to trigger the effect?

If you have the original PSS aircraft cfg it is very easy to see what effects the PSS panel uses. (check the light and smoke sections)

You have to use a code/effect the panel does not use.

5 hours ago, edetroit said:

Hidden/not hidden makes no difference. How about you telling us what you are using to trigger the effect?

If you have the original PSS aircraft cfg it is very easy to see what effects the PSS panel uses. (check the light and smoke sections)

You have to use a code/effect the panel does not use.

Hi Ed!

I'm using the condensation effects that are located in smokesystem, controled by a XML located at panel folder. I'm flying a merge Posky/SSP - PSS.

My PSS panel is original and I saw that the only effects that is used in PSS original aircraft.cfg is:

[smokesystem]
smoke.0 = 5.9, -26.2, 77.2, fx_pss_fuel_jett
smoke.1 = 5.9, -26.2, -77.3, fx_pss_fuel_jett

There is no any lights seccion in the original PSS aircraft.cfg. There is only:

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24
generator_alternator_voltage = 28
max_generator_alternator_amps = 60
engine_generator_map = 1,1
electric_always_available = 0
flap_motor = 0, 5, 17
gear_motor = 0, 5, 17
autopilot = 0, 5, 17
avionics_bus = 0, 5, 17
avionics = 1, 5, 17
pitot_heat = 0, 2, 17
additional_system = 0, 2, 17
marker_beacon = 1, 2, 17
gear_warning = 0, 2, 17
fuel_pump = 0, 5, 17
starter1 = 0, 20, 17
light_nav = 0, 5, 17
light_beacon = 0, 5, 17
light_landing = 0, 5, 17
light_taxi = 0, 5, 17
light_strobe = 0, 5, 17
light_panel = 0, 5, 17

I'll try to discover which code isn't been used in the panel as you said.

Cláudio

Well as the PSS panel is using the smoke system to simulate fuel jettison you cannot use the smoke system for you condensation. (unless the PSS code for fuel jettison is in a separate little gauge in which case you could comment it out.... but I think this would be unlikely)

PSS is probably still using the light codes even though they are not in the light effects section.

I do not have the PSS/POSky on my new machine but I'm pretty sure I added some extra effects. So I would go through the Light effects section to see if one is available. (Just put one light in the effects section and go through the numbers.

4 hours ago, edetroit said:

Well as the PSS panel is using the smoke system to simulate fuel jettison you cannot use the smoke system for you condensation. (unless the PSS code for fuel jettison is in a separate little gauge in which case you could comment it out.... but I think this would be unlikely)

PSS is probably still using the light codes even though they are not in the light effects section.

I do not have the PSS/POSky on my new machine but I'm pretty sure I added some extra effects. So I would go through the Light effects section to see if one is available. (Just put one light in the effects section and go through the numbers.

Hi Ed!

You were right about the effects control. When I turn on the fuel jettison, the condensation appears, not that I'd like but, anyway...

About the condensation in light section, I'll try put them in lights. Because of this, I'll need to "cancel" some lights.

Let's check that what will happen.

Note: there is only one xml file controling the PSS features. Is a good idea disable the fuel jettison control?

Cláudio

Pretty sure that PSS gauges are not XML. You will not be able to override them. Add a lights section to the aircraft cfg and find out what lights are available.

There is an easy way to do this, download events logger by Doug Dawson. Run it, switch all the PSS lights on and bingo! it will tell you which lights codes are being used.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, edetroit said:

Pretty sure that PSS gauges are not XML. You will not be able to override them. Add a lights section to the aircraft cfg and find out what lights are available.

There is an easy way to do this, download events logger by Doug Dawson. Run it, switch all the PSS lights on and bingo! it will tell you which lights codes are being used.

Thanks Ed! I'll try it.

Cláudio

Hi!

I've tryed this but I'm not able to separate the wing condensation from the others (it not works under its own condition. E.g: when I've assigned it for cabin lights in xml code the effects only works with switch turned on and, sometimes the other effects works on the same time).