Sign in to follow this  
SKIPS2

Shouldn't the fuel crossfeed valves turn amber when in transit?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering why the fuel crossfeed valves don't turn amber when in transit & white when close when performing the >FUEL TANK/ENG procedure.

[MOD: Please do not link to bootlegged videos. If the site is in Cyrillic or Chinese, it's probably not a good sign.]

Not really a big deal but hey...just curious:biggrin:

It's funny how I gained so much knowledge on the 74 when i watched this (lil old but wateva).

Dario

23 minutes ago, SKIPS2 said:

Just wondering why the fuel crossfeed valves don't turn amber when in transit & white when close when performing the >FUEL TANK/ENG procedure.

Just checked in my sim. I'll pass it on to the team to look into.

24 minutes ago, SKIPS2 said:

Dario

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, SKIPS2 said:

Hi Guys,

[MOD: Please do not link to bootlegged videos. If the site is in Cyrillic or Chinese, it's probably not a good sign.]

Not really a big deal but hey...just curious:biggrin:

It's funny how I gained so much knowledge on the 74 when i watched this (lil old but wateva).

Dario

Yes, they should. You will momentarily (a flash of about 1/2 second) see the amber VALVE light as the switch disagrees with the valve position on the Fuel Panel. The valve symbol on the synoptic should also change to amber during this momentary disagreement as well, at least the FCOM indicates it will in the synoptic symbology.

Also, when you extend flaps for takeoff, and the flaps reach the takeoff position (Flaps 10 or 20), cross feeds 2 and 3 will close and you will see the VALVE lights momentarily flash on the fuel panel as the valves change position. After takeoff, when retracting flaps, cross feeds 2 and 3 will open, and again if you happen to notice it, Valves 2 and 3 will illuminate for like 1/2 second as the valve changes position. If you have a good scan, you will notice the momentary flash on the overhead panel, some will be oblivious to it.

In the PMDG model, this is not happening, and also it takes an abnormally long time for cross feed valves 2 and 3 to close after the flaps reach the takeoff position. This happens almost immediately once the flaps reach 10 or 20. It takes like 40 seconds to occur in the model.

You might take note of these Kyle and pass them along as well...

1 hour ago, Captain_Al said:

You might take note of these Kyle and pass them along as well...

Not sure I can accurately explain what you've written to the team. Mind submitting a ticket?

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, Captain_Al said:

No problem, I will do that...

Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers