Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

No Orhto4XP Overlays working...

I have it linked to my Tiles via a short cut.  I wonder if that is the problem. I will directly load the tile into Custom Scenery and see if that clears it up.  Thanks for ALL the support, guys.  You're are gems!  I truly want this to work. I saw just the base layer, and it is amazing...just no overlay.  With your help, and the videos, I'll hang in there.  Just very frustrated right now.

What's so funny, is I have over 12TB of unused space BEGGING to be filled up with Ortho, LOL!

Perhaps sipping a beer, will make it all work.... (large smile).

Mitch

1 hour ago, hamoody said:

Also, have you watched this video? It's clear and concise and told me basically everything I needed to get started with Ortho4XP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhr4xYosVvI

+1 on that video.  It's the same one that got me up and running with Ortho4XP.  I highly recommend creating one new tile following that video and testing it out.  Keep trying until you succeed and then you can batch build multiple tiles.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

How would you guys feel about setting your library on a USB 3.0 external HDD? Then creating a symbolic link to it? Would that be alright?

48 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

How would you guys feel about setting your library on a USB 3.0 external HDD? Then creating a symbolic link to it? Would that be alright?

I did that...and THAT is what I think the problem is...so...I am in the process right now, of actually loading into the Custom Scenery Folder, over 500 GB's..yep...that's right RIGHT into the folder in a physical presence.

Then..the same for the yOrthoOverlays...I had that 'shortcut' linked to the Custom Scenery Folder as well.

What was happening, is that I tried to load into an airport covered by the Ortho.  Just at the last second a blue box would come up from XP11, telling me that it could not find 2 files from my 'linked' Ortho Tile folder sitting on another physical drive. Then I'd press OK, and Xo11 would dump/close to the Desktop. I am hoping that in a few minutes, I can try again...and if you HAVE to have your files physically inside the Custom Scenery Folder...because I got to the airport, I will certainly post here, the result. Wish me luck. If this is the case though....that will certainly suck, in that I won't be able to utilize my 12 TB's of storage...and only be able to generate 1TB of total Ortho files to sit directly in my Custom Scenery Folder of XP11. That would be a serious bummer...:(

Works fine for me.  I have all of my ortho tiles spread over both an internal HD and an external USB 3.0 drive. None are in the Custom Scenery folder. On Windows 10 I create a shortcut for each tile and then copy the shortcuts into the custom scenery folder.  X-plane sees it just fine. All of the shortcuts will show up in the scenery.ini where you can order them appropriately.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

Works fine for me.  I have all of my ortho tiles spread over both an internal HD and an external USB 3.0 drive. None are in the Custom Scenery folder. On Windows 10 I create a shortcut for each tile and then copy the shortcuts into the custom scenery folder.  X-plane sees it just fine. All of the shortcuts will show up in the scenery.ini where you can order them appropriately.

Yeah..it's not a physical thing....I have all my files inside the Custom Scenery, and I still crap out...with XP11 saying that it can't find two lousy files...  I don't think Ortho4XP v1.20b is creating them. I have spent 24 hours...and nothing to show for it.  I think that I will take a break from this...and come back later....  watch a few videos, etc.

My XP11 Error Box says that "It can't find the Image File for any of the tiles created. Where are the Image Files kept?

There must be some master Image file, that XP11 needs to look up...and it seems that v1.20b(eta) is not creating one, after it finishes with a tile and saves it. If someone has generated a working tile and overlay, via v1.20b, then I'd love to hear that...

I need to find a last stable version...and try that.

Hi Ses,

I take it you are copying the contents of the Ortho4XP tiles folder over to Custom Scenery and NOT the tiles folder itself?

Each tile you create will create a folder in the TILES folder of Ortho4XP called 'zOrtho4XP_' with the long and lat, e.g. zOrtho4XP_+51-008.

It is these individual folders that have to either sit in your Custom Scenery folder, or be linked to - you should have loads of them.

XP11 ONLY needs the 'zOrtho4XP_' and 'yOrthoOverlays' folders to display the ortho scenery.

The required textures, masks and mesh all reside within the  'zOrtho4XP_' folders.

Daz

Hoooooooooooooooooooooorray!  Success! 

The problem was...that I had a 3.x version of the Python Engine, but I did NOT have the latest from the Python page...namely 3.6.1   

As soon as I installed it on my system, and ran Ortho4XP, it ran smoother, no disconnects from all the servers, was faster at compiling...and here is the result of my first post v3.6.1 generated and WORKING tiles:

KFNT (Flint Bishop, Michigan) my F.B.O. at scale 17.

I was doing everything correct, but it was not the Python Engine that this program could work with.

Case closed...and now to be a mad fool, going Tile-Nuts!  After seeing my first flight....I can not ever, go back to XP11 Default.  If I had to...kill me...kill me now...

Eclipse_17.png

What it's done for the Detroit and Windsor city/sky-view,  make-over...is well...simply amazing!

Cessna_172_SP_4.png

Cessna_172_SP_5.png

Cessna_172_SP_6.png

Cessna_172_SP_7.png

Cessna_172_SP_8.png

Cessna_172_SP_9.png

Cessna_172_SP_10.png

Sesquashtoo I am noticing in some images you are getting 19,20,22 fps in the default 172. This concerns me, is this a direct result of the tiles? Wonder what would happen to the FPS if you loaded up the IXEG or 757?

6 hours ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Sesquashtoo I am noticing in some images you are getting 19,20,22 fps in the default 172. This concerns me, is this a direct result of the tiles? Wonder what would happen to the FPS if you loaded up the IXEG or 757?

Actually, with my settings, I can fluctuate between 22-35 (locked).  I can tell you not to worry, for I have noticed only about a 4 on average 'challenge' in my FPS....but I am running at 17 with 19 around airports out for 2 KM's.  I'd not worry.  The difference in what you see...is simply amazing, and I am going to pretty much convert everywhere I fly.  My goal is 40 tiles generated each day, until I have the areas of which I fly, covered in 17/ 19.

Also, Angelo, those ground shots have a great many things happening, and those shots have one of the highest density auto-gen spawn in that it is the downtown water skyline of Detroit. That is a killer for autogen spawn, whether in XP.x or P3D and FSX. It is a known killer, in the highest settings of each sim.  I flew other areas of this tile...and was always at 28-33 FPS.  So, not to worry about your larger planes..and oh...about that...you'd be in the FL's..so your FPS would be high anyway. In these shots I was messing around with different planes, and my 3rP were all in acceptable FPS gen.  I wanted a high wing so I could rubber neck, in being that this was my first successful view of a generated tile, post Python (latest engine) system installation.

When I generated at 16 across the board, there was absolutely no difference between default FPS readings and generating at at setting of 16.  Just FYI

Make sure that the last thing you do before you fire up the first tile, is to go to the Python Page (Google it), and download the latest Python Engine for 64 bit. (After I figured that might be the problem, it was cream and butter, thereon after ).

It is simply too great a difference to go back to flying over default.  Angelo, the default simply looks totally fake, and cartoonish to me.  I have been Ortho-bitten...

Cheers,

Mitch

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, turnandbank said:

Absolutely true. I'm doing the same thing now. Works great. 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

Absolutely true. I'm doing the same thing now. Works great. 

I have had the same issue as you for days now. I have a quick question when you change to night flying do you have all the street lighting working. No matter what I do I can't get night lighting or cars I have even added w2xp America net in addition to w2xp America I had installed and still no go.

I have done overlays with the HD Mesh files as well as the Global X Plane Scenery and nothing works regarding nighty lighting. I have buildings and vegetation and the roads look fine just no cars or night lighting. Also it's gone for the whole world not just the ortho tiles created. I was wondering if because I have w2xp America installed above my ortho overlays and the overlays were not generated with w2xp America could this be causing the issue?

Oddly when I delete the ortho tiles and the orth overlays I still don't get my night lighting back. I've deleted the ini file and let it regenerate and nothing brings it back I have to reinstall a backup copy of the entire X plane 11 folder to fix it.

BTW my ini file order it correct that is not the issue and I do generate error free overlays. I also have tried shortcuts and direct copies in the custom scenery folder. I have Python 3.6.1 installed, now when I launch ortho4xp it launches python automatically (ie the black box with the commands listed) correct you don't have to first launch python do you?

Any help would be appreciated

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

20 hours ago, joepoway said:

I have had the same issue as you for days now. I have a quick question when you change to night flying do you have all the street lighting working. No matter what I do I can't get night lighting or cars I have even added w2xp America net in addition to w2xp America I had installed and still no go.

I have done overlays with the HD Mesh files as well as the Global X Plane Scenery and nothing works regarding nighty lighting. I have buildings and vegetation and the roads look fine just no cars or night lighting. Also it's gone for the whole world not just the ortho tiles created. I was wondering if because I have w2xp America installed above my ortho overlays and the overlays were not generated with w2xp America could this be causing the issue?

Oddly when I delete the ortho tiles and the orth overlays I still don't get my night lighting back. I've deleted the ini file and let it regenerate and nothing brings it back I have to reinstall a backup copy of the entire X plane 11 folder to fix it.

BTW my ini file order it correct that is not the issue and I do generate error free overlays. I also have tried shortcuts and direct copies in the custom scenery folder. I have Python 3.6.1 installed, now when I launch ortho4xp it launches python automatically (ie the black box with the commands listed) correct you don't have to first launch python do you?

Any help would be appreciated

Joe

I'd actually use, and I do use...the default XP11 scenery files for Ortho4XP to sniff to build the overlays. If so...everything that you'd see over default will show up.  Try that...use that not W2XP America. I think that will work towards your success.  If you want a total guranteed run with Ortho4XP...that has everything needed to run out of the box...use this link...erase your entire present folder, and download this zip. unzip..place on the drive of your choice, and you will now have the most recent version 1.20b

Here is the link...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cjjwu92mausoh04/AACt-QzgMRwKDL392K_Ux3cPa?dl=0