Sign in to follow this  
ahunterG95

Issue with Outside View: Locked Spot in FSX-SE

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and has any info or possible solution.

The problem is that when I switch to the "Outside View: Locked Spot" (usually f11 for me) the view has to catch up to whatever aircraft I am flying. I think it starts at or near when I last used the view so it could be several thousands or hundreds of kilometers. It is all blurry at the start and the camera view is physically chasing across land and/or sea after my aircraft until it catches up to it.

I never had this issue with FSX boxed edition but for the past year or two of using FSX-SE extensively it has been a problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew,

Navigate to your Cameras.cfg  in  C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX 

(assuming FSX:SE "Cameras.cfg" is in the same location as it is for FSX:MS boxed version)

Open the Cameras.cfg with MS notepad, scrolldown to [CameraDefinition.007] Nearest Tower

• insert a text entry CycleHidden = Yes  (As in the sample below)
  • save the Cameras.cfg

You will no longer have this view in the "S" Key cycle, but it will still be available from the FSX menu.

[CameraDefinition.007]
Title = Nearest Tower
Guid = {60BC0819-BD04-4AF6-8954-8FC8AA3545FF}
Description = This is the description of the tower view.
Origin = Tower
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = Track
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 8.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = No
ShowLensFlare = False
Category = Tower
ClipMode = Tower
NoSortTitle = True
CycleHidden = Yes

Hello Andrew,

Yes, I think it will make a big difference to the issue you described. It has been that way since FSX:MS the same occurs in FSX:SE and continues to cause the long range blurries as the scenery tries to catchup from the previous cycle key or Joystick cycle button press.

It is not so much of a problem with a bog stock FSX texture/scenery load, but becomes apparent with higher texture load or addon scenery, where the area of the nearest tower is a long distance from your own aircraft position. You observe blurry scenery immediately you cycle to this view and this continues until the scenery loads and/or your scenery catches up as it travels from your position to the nearest tower.
You can also press "pause" key to speed up the time it takes to resolve the scenery. If you have highend PC hardware the scene should resolve more quickly.
When you cycle the Nearest Tower the sim will try to immediately load to that position, eventually resolving to the new location, however it will resolve over a slightly longer time frame by distance, then when you "S" key to the next view the scenery will need to load afresh to that location, causing the blurry unresolved scenery. Eliminating the View from "S" key cycle allows you to view only the user aircraft and/or Cockpit / VCockpit views, thus scenery is continuously loaded around your aircraft position wether in Cockpit or External Spot or Locked Spot view.

BTW - this can also happen with [CameraDefinition.010]  AI Planes  I have applied the same CycleHidden = Yes solution to this View Definition, as I don't normally need to check on the position of these AI planes, it for me is also not needed when cycling views.

Cheers Jethro