Sign in to follow this  
FlyerC3

Speech Recognition does not react when in airplane

Hi

I do not get an answer from ATC any more. Problem seems to be that speech recognition does not get my call, because I do not get the ping tone as acknowledge that speech has been recognized. Worked well some day ago.

Speech recognition is working within grammar help and all calls are recognized, thats why i think that ATC doesnt get my call when within airplane. Radio is on,  frequency seems to be ok, ATIS works, ClrDel frequency of P2a and X-Plane are the same and is tuned in. Flight plan is filed.

Anyone has an idea ?

It could be the aircraft you are in.

Try check the "Ignore Battery and Avionics Master Switches" option on the main P2ASetup tab of config.

Could also be the voice you have selected for ClrDel.  If ATIS is working, then try changing ClrDel to the same voice as ATIS.

Dave 

Dave

Thank you for taking care of this.

Some more information about the procedure :
- Airplane is always JAR A320 to limit the influences
- all voices are set to the same (and when it works, then I also can exchange voices, all ok)
- starting with switching off all plugins besides xpinsider (not sure if this is necessary for P2A), xpuic/xpwidesf, sasl and A320- and JAR plugins
- P2A provides ATIS is active
- ignore batt switch is off
=> as soon as i connect to airplane I get atis text and voice info in spite of radio is still off, that stops when I switch frequency in P2A; and sometimes also x-plane additionally gives atis speech output :)
- powering up airplane and switch on radio
- switch to clrdel to stop atis, load, validate and file (always the same) FLP, validate and file logos turn green
- do all necessary FMC inputs
- then contact clrdel with request for clearance as shown in the speech assistant window
=> when I am lucky it takes quite some time, but I get confirmation sound, and then in most cases all my requests are also understood and I get answer
BUT
 in 50% of the x-plane/P2A starts there is no ack sound, probably ATC doesnt get my call at all, independently of talking myself or using sayit function

So, tests are continuing :)

Next thing will be to nevertheless start the flight and find out, if there will establish ATC contact later during flight

Will keep you informed

Joachim

Joachim,

The ATIS Text is not generated by P2A.  It is purely X-Plane.  And I suspect the audio you hear is also coming from X-Plane.  You can turn both of these off in X-Plane in the Sound Options, I believe.

The Ignore Battery Switch should be turned ON.

When you get recognized sometimes and not others, that quite often is a problem with the Microphone settings.  I can tell you that in the most recent update of Windows 10 Creator's edition, my default Recording device was changed from my headset microphone to the built-in microphone.  I was getting intermittent recognition like you describe and fortunately remembered to check this setting.  When I set the headset microphone back to the default, I returned to  getting near 100% recognition.  So even if you think it's set, recheck the microphone settings.  Also recheck the microphone volume settings in case they were also changed.

Another thing that affects recognition is the aircraft call sign.  If it is not understood correctly, the rest of the phrase may not be understood.  You can do some testing by requesting information like "Say Altimeter"  or "Say Weather" that should be understood without saying the call sign and see if the recognition rate is better.

Let us know the results of your tests.

Dave

One other thing to try is be sure you're running Pilot2ATC as Administrator.

Right-click on the .exe file and select Run as Administrator.  This has solved a few user's Recognition issues.

Dave

Dave

Can confirm, that callsign and admin rights for P2A items are essential items. Meanwhile I found out how to set callsign via Planemaker and it is recognized by P2A.

I checked that microphone issue as you advised and indeed Windows changed some settings to fix unnamed problems.

Annoying ATIS messages (airplane cold and dark, verbal and text ATC turned off in X-Plane Sound Options, P2A not startet yet) obviously comming from X-Plane itself or maybe from combination with my JAR320. Unchecked P2A provides ATIS option. Have to keep a look on it nevertheless.

Problem seems to be solved really by activating Ignore Batt Switch in P2A config settings. Cannot imagine reason, but when checked , I (or SayIt function) can communicate with ATC, even when sometimes it takes some time, when unchecked, there is no more contact to ATC. Does this make sense to you ?

Will keep this configuration unchanged and sort out carefully this ATIS issue.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards

Joachim

Joachim,

Some third party aircraft implement the radios (COM and NAV) differently from the standard aircraft.  Turning on the "Ignore Battery and Avionics Switches" in P2A allows P2A to ignore the position of these switches in the aircraft and assume that they are turned on at all times.

I don't know why/how you would get ATIS messages from X-Plane when cold and dark.  Might be a bug in X-Plane.

Thanks for the report back.

Dave