Sign in to follow this  
MattS

Startup and Shutdown Issue

I'm trying to figure out if I have a hardware issue or if this is a procedural error on my part.

I'm using P3Dv4 and when initially loading the aircraft my 1 & 2 reversers deploy. I reset these once everything is loaded up, no big issue. Later on during the startup of engines 1 & 2 my reversers for 1 & 2 deploy, which also causes the speedbrake to extend. I can't seen to figure out what I am doing wrong. This does not happen when I start 3 & 4. Also, when I shutdown the same thing happens; 1 & 2 reversers pop-up along with the speedbrake. . My throttles are all at idle during startup and shutdown. This isn't a deal breaker, just annoying. I understand why the speedbrake is deploying. I have unassigned FSUIPC and used the default mapping and calibration, but this does not change things. I am using a CH throttle quadrant. Other than this issue, everything works fantastic.

I was thinking that I wasn't selecting the hydraulics properly, but since it also happens on a/c load I have dismissed that. One final piece of the puzzle: my panel load state is the stock PMDG cold and dark. This issue DOES NOT happen when my panel load state is default, with everything running. If I recall correctly, this has happened to me since day 1.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi,

Try to create your own C&D state and see if it still happens. Maybe your stock cold and dark panel is corrupted for any reason.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Confirm you have not selected a non-default aircraft as the default vehicle.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am starting the sim from the load screen and selecting the 747. I am not starting the sim and then changing aircraft if that is what you mean. 

Is it possible to make a truly cold and dark state? I say this because do you not have to save the panel state through the FMC with the battery on?

I do understand what you are saying and I will try it out. Thanks for the suggestion. 

I will also check out if it does it with the long and short states, because I honestly don't remember. 

Dan, I just re-read your reply. Did I misunderstand you?

You can get to the options of the center CDU even if the aircraft is dead by a long push on the Menu button. This is handy and actually the only way to connect the GPU in cold and dark if you want to get it connected before switching on the battery.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Great tip Bud! I missed that somehow. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!!!

No luck so far. I've created my own c&d state and the issue still exists. I created it from the default panel as well as the long turn. Using the default panel state produces no issues until shutdown. At that time, 1 & 2 reverses deploy which trigger the speedbrakes. 

How is your CH throttle quadrant configured? Fsuipc or P3D?

I guess you have configured one lever by engine. Are you sure of the calibration of each lever? And how did you configured the reversers? With the same levers like the engines thrusts but backward past a neutral position?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I have tried both FSUIPC and P3D with the same results. 

I have the 6 axis configured with the 4 throttles, speedbrake, flaps. 

I have tried both ways: reversers past the detents, and no reversers. 

Multiple calibration scenarios tried. 

I just unplugged the throttle quadrant, started the sim and 1 & 2 reversers still engage during the first second or two of the systems load. 

Like I said before, not a deal breaker. I just reset them and enjoy this great airplane. Maybe this gremlin will go away the next time I clean install. In the meantime, I'm still open to suggestions. 

12 hours ago, mesweetsr said:

Like I said before, not a deal breaker. I just reset them and enjoy this great airplane. Maybe this gremlin will go away the next time I clean install. In the meantime, I'm still open to suggestions. 

I'm relatively certain that this'll end up being FSUIPC or your hardware somehow. That's the only way you're going to see reverse being commanded on two engines like that.

Kyle Rodgers

I agree Kyle. Since the issue still happens after I unplug the throttle quadrant, I suspect FSUIPC. I'll start investigating there.Thanks for your input. 

19 minutes ago, mesweetsr said:

I'll start investigating there.

Best way to check is to just pull the FSUIPC.ini out of the <sim root>\modules folder and put it in the main <sim root> folder. That way it's "backed up" in the main sim folder, and a blank one will be created on the next sim run to check if the issue is resolved. If it goes away, it's something in your FSUIPC configuration. You can either put the .ini file back in there and troubleshoot to try and eliminate the issue, or you can delete it and try it fresh.

Kyle Rodgers

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

If it goes away, it's something in your FSUIPC configuration. 

Well, that fixed it! Thanks Kyle. 

You and your team created a masterpiece. Keep up the fantastic work.