Sign in to follow this  
luisaugustofreire

Access to the PMDG website.

I am trying to access your page and I am not getting it, this message always appears:

Can not access this site

The connection to www.precisionmanuals.com was declined.
Search for precisionmanuals on Google

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Why am I receiving this message?

This is generally the result of a program on your computer modifying the hosts file to prevent access to the PMDG website. I know of no legitimate reasons why a program would do so.

Walter Meier

AKA, did you try to "sample" a PMDG product in the past, and the program used made certain "adjustments" to allow this to happen.

lodge a support ticket at:

support.precisionmanuals.com

12 hours ago, luisaugustofreire said:

I am trying to access your page and I am not getting it, this message always appears:

Can not access this site

The connection to www.precisionmanuals.com was declined.
Search for precisionmanuals on Google

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Most likely its because  you  may have  got  a pirated  copy  of one  of the pmdg  addons  installed on your  pc, also  pmdg  requires  your  full name  in each of your  post

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 hours ago, luisaugustofreire said:

Why? I'll be blunt. Pirating our software.

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Never had this issue with PMDG's website.  Then again, never "sampled" their products, so can't say.  

I wonder if I don't know you, had a friend who initially straight refused to buy the T7 from PMDG, and "borrowed" from a site.  Needless to say, he had endless hassles, engine failures, etc..  The good to come out it, is that he bought the darn thing, and has been flying happily every since.   Then again, maybe I don't know you, as he bought a legit copy of the jet.

Well demos are always a good idea to check for hardware compatibility etc.  Maybe a 10 minute timed demo version?

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Well demos are always a good idea to check for hardware compatibility etc.  Maybe a 10 minute timed demo version?

Literally hand someone a working copy of a plane as an opportunity to sit there and prod it for weaknesses for cracking? No thanks.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Literally hand someone a working copy of a plane as an opportunity to sit there and prod it for weaknesses for cracking? No thanks.

Happens anyway, brother Kyle.  You know that.  Just a thought.

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Happens anyway, brother Kyle.  You know that.  Just a thought.

All can be tracked back to purchases and keys. Demos can't.

With a demo, you're essentially setting a nice asset out in the open, unattended, and hoping everyone is simply looking at it and determining if they truly want to go buy it, instead of other nefarious things.

If the pessimistic stance is the one to take, we should just go without product keys and licenses, too, eh? As long as piracy exists, we might as well just accept the risk?

No sense in checking the weather for my flight later today, either. Weather exists. The degree to which I control my exposure to bad weather is of no particular issue?

Kyle Rodgers

You make valid points.  Not trying to get you hot and bothered.  ;-)

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Boomer said:

You make valid points.  Not trying to get you hot and bothered.  ;-)

All good - just counterpoints.

Kyle Rodgers

Now, since Im on a roll, gonna get get the prone-to-violence-cop-wife hot and bothered...wish me luck...

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

15 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Heh, I agree here.  I only went with the NGX. because I wanted a fully functional 737.  However, the 737 was a good "demo" for the T7, which has recently arrived in my hangar! :D