Sign in to follow this  
airernie

AuraSim A/I option

Can someone tell me what the A/I option in the AuraSim app does?  It contains four values; Auto, On, Off, and Exit.

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hello Ernie! 

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that, and just checked and don't see it in the settings or the App itself.  Where is it exactly?

Many thanks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Where is it exactly?

Hi Dave

After opening the AuraSim Instruments app, select 'Performance'.  Once you are on the Takeoff - Performance page it is on the right side just below the Flap option.

I don't think that it's necessary, but you may need to specify an airport using Apt Search first.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

It's anti ice. An icing on takeoff or landing is pretty complex in the Q400 and is detailed in the First Officer Training Program. Off the top of my head it shouldn't make a huge difference. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Ah, yes, Anti Ice!

Thanks Ben!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello!

What is REDU?

How is fuel calculated for the entire flight?)

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

On 5/8/2019 at 3:39 PM, BMW969 said:

Hello!

What is REDU?

How is fuel calculated for the entire flight?)

Off the top of my head, it's an option to reduce the runway length by a given amount. Fuel is calculated with a briefing site like www.simbrief.com or PFPX. Our Cadet Training Series for the Q400 shows all this.  

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

2 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

Off the top of my head, it's an option to reduce the runway length by a given amount. Fuel is calculated with a briefing site like www.simbrief.com or PFPX. Our Cadet Training Series for the Q400 shows all this.  

That is indeed what it is.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges