Sign in to follow this  
hugopilot

NGX Freeze

Hi there,

Yes, I read other topics about this but it does not solve my problem.

So, as the title says: The NGX freezes time to time. These freezes are not recoverable and I simply hate them.

FSUIPC Autosave is turned off, but that does not help at all.

Computer Specs:

- Intel i5 480M 2.66GHz (boost clock to 3.1GHz)

- 8 GB DDR3 1666Mhz RAM

- AMD RADEON HD 6370M (1GB VRAM)

- Windows 10 Pro

I have a lot of addons (like REX texture direct and ORBX Global + Vectors LC). Does anyone know any solution?

Thanks in advance!

Please note full names on all posts are required in the PMDG forums.

Not enough information here..., the NGX freezes but the simulator continues to function? I'm not looking over your shoulder so you need to provide as much as you can for others to help.  Describe the problem, anything that might trigger it and if there are any windows messages or events recorded that can be found in the windows event viewer or the appCrashViewer tool.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello!

I also have problems with NGX freeze. I have had this issue standing at the gate on ESSA ORBX senery right now. At the moment I was placing ZFW into the PERF INIT page in FMC, FMC stopped responding. I was trying to turn off standby power as I have found an indication that it may solve the freeze problem but it only showed, that the entire electric panel is not responding. I was not able to turn off the APU (no possibility of any click), but at the same time autobrake selector worked fine. The MCP was responding to clicking, but no values were changed (turning IAS knob was possible, but there was no change in the displayed value). This is the second time this happened to me at the gate, in the very similar moment. I am ready to provide additional information as needed.

Looking forward to seeing the solution to that.

1 hour ago, mysterio4555 said:

Looking forward to seeing the solution to that

I had just advised the OP that full names are required on all posts.

ZFW is normally entered with a right mouse click to retrieve the load you have entered on the FS Actions Payload page. Trying to turn off standby power, trying to turn off APU...., none of this makes sense out of context.  Again, we are not looking over your shoulder.  FSX/FSXSE/P3D? Are you doing the Tutorial?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for the reply.

I have already flown many many hours in PMDG 737, everything was just fine until now. Problem arose without any particular reason in terms of scenery update or anything like this. Again, the first symptom was FMC freeze in Aerosoft Malaga few weeks ago, then today most of the switches stopped working during preflight on Arlanda (Orbx).

My software:

FSX SP2, ORBX Global + Vector, Active Sky 2016, FreeMeshX.

Please give me any hint on what information do you need more. 

Regards,

Marek Mysior

Can you please provide the exact steps to reproduce the problem.  I have heard of some having a problem with the FMC and some freeware generated flightplans; in your explanation of steps please include your flightplan and source that generates the .rte file.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, downscc said:

Can you please provide the exact steps to reproduce the problem.

I have done everything as usual:

1. IRS Position, airport and stand number

2. RTE PAGE: Route origin, FPL loading, rwy selection, SID selection, flight number insertion

3. LEGS PAGE: RTE data (winds)

4. PERF INIT: FL, ISA DEV, TA

5. TAKE OFF: Flaps (5), Acceleration height, Reduction height

6. FMC Fuel loading 

7. FMC Payload loading 

8. PERF INIT Page: LMB on ZFW to load this weight, second click to place it in the proper field (all together double click LMB next to ZFW field)

This is the moment when FMC stopped responding. At first, the ZFW did not update after my click (first freeze). Then, ZFW was placed in the correct field but at the same time some of fields disappeared from the CDU and the entire system stopped working. What is important, the other (right) FMC was working, at least partially (I could change pages, LEGS, CLB, CRZ, etc.) to be frozen up few seconds later.

As for my FPL, I generate it using PFPX as I always did. I use Navigraph data as well. The important thing is, the two freezes I had occured using NAVDATA 1705. 

FPL below, after opening it using notepad. I don't know how to attach files to posts.

Spoiler

Generated by PFPX 15 May 2017 17:00 UTC

ESSA
DIRECT
1 N 59.6519 E 17.9186 137
-----

-

NOSLI
N850
1 N 59.0728 E 17.2581 0 

TONSA
N850
1 N 58.6091 E 16.5203 0 

ABAMA
N850
1 N 57.9866 E 15.5696 0 

MOKNI
N850
1 N 57.6463 E 15.0681 0 

NEMBA
N33
1 N 57.1587 E 14.3705 0 

DEKIK
N33
1 N 56.7644 E 14.3077 0 

ETPIG
N33
1 N 56.1875 E 14.2150 0 

ELVIX
N33
1 N 55.4119 E 14.0942 0 

BIKRU
UN33
1 N 54.9167 E 14.1667 0 

UMSET
UN33
1 N 54.8331 E 14.1586 0 

POBOX
UZ131
1 N 54.1589 E 14.0942 0 

RODEP
T208
1 N 53.6861 E 13.7314 0 

TELDO
T208
1 N 53.3781 E 13.6681 0 

GOLBO
GOLB2V
1 N 53.1200 E 13.6158 0 

EDDB
-
1 N 52.3622 E 13.5007 157
-----

-

Best regards

Marek Mysior

Since I updated to the latest version of Windows I have had these freezes. Its not just in the NGX but also in FSLabs 320. It leaves the computer totally unresponsive and have to turn it off at the plug. 

5 minutes ago, SimonLight said:

Since I updated to the latest version of Windows I have had these freezes. Its not just in the NGX but also in FSLabs 320. It leaves the computer totally unresponsive and have to turn it off at the plug. 

In my case, the only one that freezes is PMDG 737. FSX works fine, I can change the view and manipulate it. 

I had 2 freezes so far, both of them at the FMC setup during preflight procedures and both when flying for Virtual Norwegian (with their logger turned on). I fly also for Virtual Ryanair and I have never expected this issue so far flying RYR. 

The problem I encounter is very simillar to the one presented here:

I do have a freeware version of FSUIPC, so no autosave issue here. UIAUTOMATIONCORE.dll installed according to the manual.

Best Regards

Marek Mysior

I had the same type of freeze/panel lockup as in the 2011 post, which PMDG support suggested it could be a corrupt panel state, amongst others.  I have switched to another one, and so far no freezes, but haven't flown much with the alternate state, so will see with time. 

1 hour ago, SirBismuth said:

(...) which PMDG support suggested it could be a corrupt panel state, amongst others.  I have switched to another one, and so far no freezes, but haven't flown much with the alternate state, so will see with time.

Thank you for the possible direction in finding the solution. How should I do it if I want to use Cold & Dark state on every flight? Is there any possibility of creation of the alternative state?

Marek Mysior

Marek, do you get the same result if you follow the exact same steps except SKIP entering the winds on the legs data pages. Does your flightplan include the STAR (I expected a flightplan such as ESSA NOSLI.N580.NEMBA.....ect; I do not know how to decode the files)?

There is a known bug in the NGX that has something to do with enroute winds and STARs.... I've never seen it but I am wondering if that is at play here.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you very much for your help. I have just completed the flight ESSA - EKCH, everything worked just fine. I always had flightplans generated with SID/STAR already, but they were never displayed in the CDU. I have also placed RTE wind data. Now I eliminated SID/STAR form the flightplan and i omit the point with RTE data. Will let you know in case the problem returns- I hope it will not happen.

As for now, best regards and thanks for help!

Marek Mysior

Looks like I'm not the only one...I been getting habitual 'apphangb1' freezes. I posted on the AVSIM CTD forum, no fix. I read the CTD guide, versions 1 & 2, no fix. I've google searched all over the place...no fix. I've been told it's not and FSX problem...HOWEVER FSX is the only program of many I get this error, and most notably I only get it in the NGX, 99% of the time during the 20-second countdown aircraft initialization. Started the PMDG 747 QOTS II several times, no issue. No issue with the 777. No issue with Majestic Dash 8, nor any Carenado aircraft. No problem with FSLabs A320. But my preferred flagship; the NGX, is Apphangb1 city. I can get it going about 1 out of every 7-10 attempts. Any thoughts or suggestions?

If I am having the same problem as you (seems to be random, but having to do the the FMC), I found that pressing the "TAB" button unfreezes the panel.

Dave Hinson