Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Carenado Fokker 50 Announced

Carenado revealed on twitter yesterday that they'll be developing a Fokker 50. I'm sure that fans of 'hardcore' planes will be disappointed, but personally I'm very excited. I love commercial turboprops so I'm hoping this means that Carenado will develop more in the future, like the Saab 340, Dornier 328, or Embraer 120. 

Interesting in that Milviz also made an announcement about a turboprop project today.

I'm all about turboprop aircraft and find this a welcome development; they have more personality, in my way of thinking.

I believe Majestic nailed it with the Q and is the standard by which other turboprops should be measured. (Have never flown the PMDG Jetstream so I can't compare Majestics offering with this.) Is this a recognition that the tube liner market is completely wrapped up and the GA aircraft market is saturated? An interesting pair of announcements.

I hope these new aircraft incorporate a self-contained engine model outside of the one provided by FSX. Maybe this is a trend: develop a turboprop game engine and deploy it in a series of new aircraft. That would be great.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Milviz ought to concentrate on finishing their B350 before announcing other projects.

• Upvote 3

David Porrett

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Is this a recognition that the tube liner market is completely wrapped up and the GA aircraft market is saturated? 

I don't think the tube liner market is saturated at all...in fact far from it.  But I do think the recognition is there are some really great turbo props that have not been made and available at a study level.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I'm all about turboprop aircraft and find this a welcome development; they have more personality, in my way of thinking.

I believe Majestic nailed it with the Q and is the standard by which other turboprops should be measured. (Have never flown the PMDG Jetstream so I can't compare Majestics offering with this.) Is this a recognition that the tube liner market is completely wrapped up and the GA aircraft market is saturated? An interesting pair of announcements.

I'm on turboprops too, but even if the texture design in Carenado aircraft are one of the best of the market, if not the best, in my opinion we should not expect from Carenado a top quality Fokker systems-wise and flight dynamics similar to aircraft from PMDG (Jetstream, upcoming DC6) and Majestic Software, to compare with. Anyway, I'll be eagerly waiting their Fokker and hopefully they will have it right!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

If they could only make the flight dynamics as good or as close as PMDG's J41, I'll buy it.

Out for another leaching of the public dime I see. Forget system modeling, look how purdy...

• Upvote 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

It's not about the system complexities, it's about the bugs. 

Light aiprlanes, oh yes they excel with them. When you move to bigger props (and turboprops), the bugs withing their avionics systems and the FDE are much more apparent. I can do with low complexity (to an extent), if the visuals are top notch (and they are a guarantee with Carenado). The thing is that they try to do complex systems (they really do), but development time for those addons is really large.

The amount of new airplanes Carenado was able to release in the recent few months gives me the feeling that the quality is somewhat compromised for the sake of quickness. Fordism in flightsim development.

I myself prefer a good thought-after addon ala MJC or PMDG rather than a fast solution (usually bad solution).  

Santiago de Larminat

pity it is not being produced by the Just Flight guys.they seem to have produced a few really good Aircraft lately and they seem listen to/respond to their customer,s issues and sort them out

6 hours ago, DavidP said:

Milviz ought to concentrate on finishing their B350 before announcing other projects.

+1+1+1

Peter

7 hours ago, DavidP said:

+1

tpewpb-6.png