Sign in to follow this  
jvile

ScanAFD: Problem after FS9 Reinstall

Guest JTEK99

Last weekend I did what we all dread: a complete wipe of FS9 (including a full registry scrub of any and all addons that left stuff behind) and a full reinstall.Everything's hunky-dorey, except that I'm having a problem getting ScanAFD to work again. Users of ScanAFD know that there is no formal install for the program; it's just a single executable you can drop into any folder.Right now, it's not detecting any default-installed AFCADs at all. I've tried deleting the file, reinstalling it, running it over and over with the same result.Interestingly, this morning I ran it again to see if I could figure out the problem and noticed that, lo and behold, it found ONE AFCAD that was installed due to an FSGenesis mesh that I installed the night before (it puts this single airport in for use).Anyone know what might be wrong? I can't find any duplicated AFCADs anymore without this tool. *Any* information would be totally appreciated; I'm hoping someone else has encountered the same problem and has a fix.Incidentally, FS9 is now installed to my "F" drive (a totally separate, physical hard drive) at "F:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9". I'm wondering if that might be the problem (although that one FSGenesis-installed AFCAD was, indeed, detected at the proper location on 'F').

Guest JTEK99

Anyone had a similar experience?

Guest JTEK99

>Did you activate the Addon Scenery folder in the FS9 Scenery>Library?That was my first guess, too. Yes, it was/is activated. I just can't figure out what the problem might be. I even tried hunting through the entire Windows registry to eliminate all references to ScanAFD and then installing/running it again. No dice. Same problem.There's another possibility, however. Tell me this: assuming a completely fresh install of FS with no addon scenery at all installed, would I even *see* any airports in the ScanAFD list? Anyone know?

Guest firehawk44

Are you showing a list of airports? If you check "Scan all addon directories and include disabled directories" and rescan, it should show all your AFCAD's. Otherwise, you have a major problem.Jim

Guest JTEK99

>Are you showing a list of airports? If you check "Scan all>addon directories and include disabled directories" and>rescan, it should show all your AFCAD's. Otherwise, you have>a major problem.>>JimJim:Yes.. I have scanned both "standard" and "addon" folders. I've used ScanAFD almost daily in the past as I would swap addons in and out for use with more detailed/updated AFCADs. As it stands now, I only have one single airport in the list, regardless of whether I scan for the default airports... and this singular airport is one that's installed from an FSGenesis package. Nothing else in the list, nada.I know it's going to be something simple, but I can't figure it out. E-mails to the author have generated no responses either. Total drag as this little tool is indispensable.

A lot of Jim's here>There's another possibility, however. Tell me this: >assuming a completely fresh install of FS with >no addon scenery at all installed, >would I even *see* any airports in the ScanAFD list? Scan utilities do not scan stock airport headers. If you have not added any AFCAD type airports nothing will show up in the scan airport list.

Guest JTEK99

>Scan utilities do not scan stock airport headers. If you have>not added any AFCAD type airports nothing will show up in the>scan airport list. ><...hanging head in shame...>Jim:Ahhhhhhhhh. THAT's the problem. I've totally misinterpreted what I should be seeing. Indeed, since I only have ONE addon airport installed, that AFCAD is the only one I see.Completely my fault. I had used ScanAFD so many times in the past, but when I began using it, I already had Ultimate Traffic and a load of other addons installed. I assumed it would be scanning stock airport headers as well.Problem completely solved, and I thank you for the info!Major "duh" on my part.Thanks again!

It looks to me like ScanAFD will ignore any scenery area that resides in a folder within flight simulator 9scenery This includes any addon scenery that puts itself there, or things like jvile's Active ILS which are installed in genericscenery or one of the default reguinal scenery areas. (These probably aren't so-called "AFCADs" so it shouldn't be a problem).scott s..