Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

New Throttle Stand in latest B737-800WL

Hi,

Just saw this new throttle model in a new Ryanair B737-800WL when I had a flight to Stansted UK a couple of days ago.

It is the same model as now beeing used in the new B737 Max. See image below

Hope PMDG add this to the upcoming B737NGX update.

737-max-fia16-4.jpg

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hello Roar,  Just out of curiosity what is that item sitting on top of the MCP in your screenshot.

Hi,

Is it really a -800WL? The cockpit displays look like it is a 737 MAX.

As for the item on top of the glareshield, could it be a GLS receiver by any chance?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Looks like some kind of flight test data display, assuming it's a 737 MAX test aircraft.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a MAX.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Guys,

Have another look at what the OP is saying. The picture is indeed a MAX; he's just using it to show the same type of switches he encountered when he last flew on an -800. I've recently read some comments from RL NGX pilots saying that they're starting to see the new type of switch on their new -800s, so I believe Roar is correct.

Walter Meier

Just to clarify.

The image is a MAX cockpit.

What I was trying to say was that the new B737-800 is now delivered with the same TQ as the MAX ( see image).

I didn't had the camera available to take a picture when I was passing the open cockpit door and saw the new TQ.

First I though I was flying the new MAX as it also has the same new passenger roof cabin layout and seats as the MAX. Blue ceiling and round luggage storage compartments and low profile seats. 

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

41 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

Have another look at what the OP is saying. The picture is indeed a MAX

My bad, I indeed read his post too fast.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Steve,

New business modell for PMDG.

As you are a PMDG Beta Team tester maybe you should suggest for the devlopment team to add this Taxi Meter and link it to the user account in the new NGX update.

Then PMDG will get paid from all users based on their mileage.

Or it's the new Ryanair model: you pay the taxi meter upon arrival.

Erik "Ernom" Toth

Funny. The Interior you experienced is the Sky interior. This was optional from late 2012. 

The "Engine Start levers" to give them the correct name were changed on aircraft from late 2015 and are effectively the same as used on other Boeings. The Old ones had run out and as they are only an electronic switch now, it made sense to change then. There is a Service Bulletin out to warn of problems with the housing rotating if they are used roughly. The ones they use now are the same as 747-400/757/767/777/787. As ALL other Boeing Commercial Airliners are now FADEC and use these switches, it was a no brainer. They light up with the Engine Fire warning lights too.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!