Sign in to follow this  

DTG - Heart in the right place

Hi everyone-

I just watched a bit of the DTG twitch stream, and I must say I'm happy to hear and see their excitement for FSW.  I'm certainly not Warren Buffet, but in my life experience I have learned a thing or two: The people make a business and product successful, not the business model.  I've seen sure bets fail and long shots win because of the people who ran it.

Although the Steam business structure can be concerning, but if DTG stays the course and is truly committed to community involvement, FSW will be a winner.  

• Upvote 1

I just watched the stream as well.  It looked OK, but i still saw stutters and blurries, looked like the LOD radius was set on medium.  I wonder as they were breaking backwards compatibility anyway why didn't they just bin the old engine, they could have retained the geographical stuff.

• Upvote 4

Ian R Tyldesley

It looked pretty good to me considering it was just born.  

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

3 minutes ago, angeli662 said:

Yes, I think the same way. I´m giving DTG some credit. As they said, they are just starting on the flight sim world. Of course I can´t wait forever, I will spend my money on the best platform to me.

I´m really hoping for the best.

I also watched the stream and in all honesty, nothing special. Their presentation was poor and very little information was given. I learnt the release date of Early Access and that's about it. I did enjoy the rain effects on the cockpit glass, but the aircraft and scenery looked a lot like what I experience now in FSX. It doesn't look new or next-gen...but then again, they showed off very little. I did appreciate one of the devs emphasising that FSW is NOT a video game and that they are trying to build a flight simulator.

Its too early to say much more about FSW. They go on and on about the many 3rd party devs they are working with so it will be interesting to learn who is on board so far. So next week I will fire up my free copy and see what this "sim" is all about.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

10 hours ago, angeli662 said:

born??? it's the same OLD FSX with some shaders added, worse FPS, same FSX bugs, nothing new

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, albx said:

born??? it's the same OLD FSX with some shaders added, worse FPS, same FSX bugs, nothing new

- sdk. 

35 minutes ago, albx said:

Have to agree... Not really impressed. We'll see what it brings when it's finished (some day)... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, albx said:

How do you know it has worse FPS, same FSX bugs etc when you haven't tried it yet ??  The weather is new, the default aircraft are new and look good, 64 bit is new, the flight planning looks like a major overhaul, FTX global is a step up from default FSX, Accu-feel is is also a step up from FSX and remember its early access and there are plenty more development opportunities.

So much pessimism, lighten up and give it a try first !! 

• Upvote 1

Have to agree. Nothing new, except rain effect and wiggly gauges. Environment is what they should have worked on, not 7 new GA aircraft.

Same old FSX problems, stretched textures over mountains, roads cutting through land class tiles, same old huge PAPI lights, same water, same old ORBX textures, blurry texture in the distance, Autogen popping etc. Decade old issues just ignored....

I must be missing something regarding heart in the right place.

• Upvote 3

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Some of you should take a look in the mirror and wonder if the face looking at you is missing some of the joys of life. There are posters here who never, ever, have a good thing to say about anything. Perhaps you need a less demanding hobby.

• Upvote 10

Rob Jones.

4 minutes ago, jonesrob said:

Some of you should take a look in the mirror and wonder if the face looking at you is missing some of the joys of life. There are posters here who never, ever, have a good thing to say about anything. Perhaps you need a less demanding hobby.

You took the words right out of my mouth! No wonder this poor old planet is on a downward spiral. I think it's just sad.

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

There is a lot of negativity here. Simmers must be one of the hardest groups in the world to please. 

It looks pretty nice to me. Even if it is based of FSX, it's still a 64-Bit FSX with ORBX Global and some nice GA planes in an easy to install package (and probably costs less as well). If I were a new simmer, I would be happy I didn't need to spend a pile of cash on P3D, and then purchase ORBX Global etc.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

it's still a 64-Bit FSX

thought  fsx  was  a  32  bit might  be  confused   with  some  thing  else   though

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, jonesrob said:

Exactly. All this focusing on negative aspects. Very tiresome...

• Upvote 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS