Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Recap DTG Twitch Stream

Just watched the DTG Twitch Stream about FSW.

They said 7 aircraft are included, i noted 6. Is no. 7 a surprise or did i missed one?

Piper PA-18 "Cub"
Piper PA-28 "Cherokee"
Piper PA-34 "Seneca"
Piper PA-46 "Malibu Mirage"
Diamond DA40 "Star"
Diamond DA42 "TwinStar"

Added: Van`s RV-7A

Planes looking great, Windshield effects great, shadows smooth.

But environment still looks like FSX. Popping autogen/textures, blurries, stutters. But in the chat Aimee said they have graphic improvement for the ground on the list.

Overall i see a big improvement over Flight School, but still a lot to do.I`m not yet impressed, but there is hope again :)

So, is your glass half full or half empty?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

It is beyond me why they focused on aircraft, rather than on overall environment.

Rain effect and wiggly gauges, but the same old land class issues leftover from FS9.

They clearly have not listened to the community. 

• Upvote 4

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

It is beyond me why they focused on aircraft, rather than on overall environment.

Rain effect and wiggly gauges, but the same old land class issues leftover from FS9.

Nonsense, ofcourse they have listened to the community :huh: This early access sim looks very promising. I for one am going to approach this very positive.

• Upvote 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

5 minutes ago, Marco Van Dam said:

What about cloud shadows in FSW?

They said it`s in development

• Upvote 1

All piston prop, no turboprops? I guess they can build on that later, but it feels like a narrow focus. Also the list looks like it's driven by licensing deals, so they may be leaning pretty hard on an "official version" marketing angle. That might work if it includes input, flight testing, etc. from the respective aircraft manufacturers.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

My guess being it was easier to introduce some GA planes, especially if made by known FSX/P3D developers, than get to the features that really requires a lot of work (autogen popping for example, blurries etc etc).

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

Nonsense, ofcourse they have listened to the community :huh: This early access sim looks very promising. I for one am going to approach this very positive.

Same here I am positive, Let's not forget history here, how FSX or P3D looked back then.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I hope they completely overhaul the lighting engine, its about time we had real lights that actually light things up, instead of bright colored textures that don't actually do anything.

• Upvote 2

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

51 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

I hope they completely overhaul the lighting engine, its about time we had real lights that actually light things up, instead of bright colored textures that don't actually do anything.

That's definitely not in this first release.

There is PBR though that helps with reflections and better representation of lighting on the airplanes.

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

All piston prop, no turboprops?

In my opinion, it is pointless asking for turboprops and/or liners in the stock hangar of a product that will be launched at $/€ 25. This would be completely unrealistic.
Complex aircraft are third party work.

6 hours ago, angeli662 said:

Same here I am positive, Let's not forget history here, how FSX or P3D looked back then.

Ill join the positive gang too , i had only been around since fs95 and anything newer ill be willing to support too ... 

• Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I just watched the stream.  I thought it looks good and some of the future development sounds very promising. I had to laugh during the stream when everyone was being derogatory and stupid in chat and then Cryss says " type !May18 for a free copy"   everyone suddenly wanted a free copy :biggrin:  

• Upvote 1

I have not seen the stream yet, but will also join the "positive gang".

As I stated elsewhere on this forum, I hope that FSW is a success and becomes a worthy replacement for FSX.  Early days yet.

• Upvote 2