Sign in to follow this  
FSC190

Maintenance, what is the benefit

The new maintenance function is a good start, to simplify the installation of LINDA.

But...
I have to save the old installation manually first.
I have to unzip the content of the LINDA-Download (manually downloaded) first.
I have to re-import the saved folder manually.
Finally I have to delete Linda.exe and rename Linda_.exe. And btw the difference in the name is easy overseen

So there is not really much left for LINDA to do :-)

I think, when a User is able to save folders on a secure place, he should be able to delete a folder and copy some contend to the right place.

It would be nice, LINDA could do all the necessary steps, download new version, save the old modules, install the new contend, and copy back a few folders to the right place.

That is my wish for a good maintenance

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Good ideas. Would you like to do it? You will know that LINDA is supported in my and Guenseli's free time. We do not have access to the latest tools or the mechanisms you suggest.

I have attempted to make life a little easier for LINDA users. A certain amount of manual actions will be required (download and unzipping). The need to delete and rename the LINDA.exe file is that this can not be done within the application.

I am sorry but I have no plans or time to provide a totally automated install like Orbx.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello Andrew,

I apologize sounding so demanding, that wasn't my intention.

I do not know how hard or easy it is to do such things, cause I am not a programmer, I just wanted to give suggestions on how something could be improved.

The only thing I can do is finding mistakes and encourage improvements, more unfortunately not.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

No problem and your contribution is always welcome. Some things I can do quickly, others take a little longer especially if outside the current package. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew