Sign in to follow this  
Airfighter

Breaking news - FF A320!

Fantastic news I will be grabbing the beta day one providing sid/star support is present. The FSL A320 is just about the last thing I use in P3D these days. 

Will this A320 end up the same way as there unfinished A350?

10 minutes ago, Martvl said:

Will this A320 end up the same way as there unfinished A350?

no as it is a completely different team of developers that havent even worked on x-plane.

Interestingly enough the A350 was mentioned a few times aswell, the way they rephrased is that they are waiting on QPAC to finish developement for the A350 so they can continue with it. Since qpac are abit MIA atm that explaines a few things. 

3 hours ago, alpha12125 said:

Interestingly enough the A350 was mentioned a few times aswell, the way they rephrased is that they are waiting on QPAC to finish developement for the A350 so they can continue with it. Since qpac are abit MIA atm that explaines a few things. 

QPAC is working on the FMC/CDU. They're also behind the FBW.

It's not 1st of April is it? I've been fooled before :biggrin:  If this can do what it says on the tin, it'll be an instant hit!!

Alaister Kay

I don't fly airliners in the sim myself, but I know how important something like this is, to help maintain XP11's momentum going forward. So I'm very happy to see it.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this. I want nothing more than to make XP11 my sim. But the lack of an AS16 like engine and study level airliner is keeping that from happening. Hopefully they deliver and give XP a true alternative to PMDG/FSL/Majestic

Whoa. Did not see that one coming at all. Great news. I have a feeling I'll be getting this as soon as it is released, even though I have scarcely any time at all these days with a 2y/o and a 2m/o kid. :happy:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Since already Airbus FBW is coded by Austin himself, probably we are going to see much more "Buses" coming!

W78UrcD.jpg

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

The sound. The flightdeck. The rain effect. :biggrin: Lovely.

• Upvote 5

I recall that Mr. Randazzo stated it wasn't possible to port highly sophisticated sim models to X-Plane and that's why he gave up with the porting of PMDG NGX and 747 series.

Well, there's evidence it's not true. :) 

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i5-13600k 32GB ddr5 5.6GHz - RTX4080S 16GB - Thrustmaster T.16000M TWCS - Meta Quest 3 - Win10 Pro - My YT Channel

39 minutes ago, crisk73 said:

I recall that Mr. Randazzo stated it wasn't possible

wheres  is  the link  where  he  actually  said  this

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Honestly, I felt a bit disappointed when I read:

"First , this simulation has it own flight model, rather than coming from X-Plane. "

So.. even after Austin saying he is supporting the FBW modelling in X-Plane, it is not yet good enough ? Wan't X-Plane supposed to be a "ultra-realistic" flight simulation ?

Well, appears to me it really isn't since, after all, and just like in good old MSFS and derivates, to do the thing right, you've got to do it outside :blink:

Of course, along the progress of this project, X-Plane 11 users should also expect something to be done to X-plane's weather / flight dynamics modelling in as far as wind and turbulence effects are concerned. The way it is now it is just plain ridiculous to see a 737 or even a 747 bouncing at a mild 10 knot variable wind... and don't even consider setting turbulence ....

The weathervane problem, which I also tested a couple of days ago in my re-install of the sim is another aspect that I really can't say if dependent on the modelling of weathervane stability or in the weather modelling itself, but I look forward to see videos of this A320 landing with cross / variable / turbulent winds... Maybe the external running of the FDM is meant to cure the unwanted effects in this area ( ? )

I should add that I bought the recently released Airbus for FSX P3D, and while it is nice, well... sort of... systems modelling wise... flying and overall handling feels poor to me - another disappointment...

I look forward for the updates to the Aerofly FS 2 Airbus - at least that one feels a lot more convincing to me, even in early access and without sophisticated modelling of it's systems...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, Sebjo89 said:

The sound. The flightdeck. The rain effect. :biggrin: Lovely.

Agree :) - question if I may - when you disconnected the AP, there was no 'cavalry charge'. Is that because you quickly pressed the AP disconnected again before the sound?