Sign in to follow this  
Airfighter

Breaking news - FF A320!

7 hours ago, Airfighter said:

The plane looks good, but presentation-wise...I don't know... X-Plane 10? No voice?

???

This is a barebones look on a dev machine. Don't expect some fancy after effects lol. Besides I'm not sure how well you would be able to understand ramzzess anyways ;)

Nice video, but that awful default skid sound on take-off, gahhhh. 

• Upvote 6

55 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Nice video, but that awful default skid sound on take-off, gahhhh. 

I honestly think Austin hasn't removed it just to troll us at this point.

The video looks very promising!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 hours ago, hamoody said:

I'd imagine they're using a totally clean version of the stable and mature XP10 to get all the systems tested properly without any chance of interference by addons or XP11's new features. Hopefully once testing moves along we'll see it in a more graphically pleasing environment. 

And what do you mean by "no voice"? The video had volume and featured all the proper callouts. 

My view is that from now on, an X-Plane 10 development has no meaning. There are a lot of changes, and they require a lot of work to keep both under separate development. Specially if is not going to released very soon. Thus, the "image" shown suffers from the lack of PBR materials, etc.

Voice...check IXEG videos. Nice explanations what we are looking into... What is right, why,,,etc. If you are not going this way, then let some others to do some "dramatic" videos.

• Upvote 1

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

10 hours ago, captain420 said:

Would be nice if they can finish up with their A350XWB first, sigh.

they adressed that. this is basically a completle different team releasing under FF. Also they are waiting for QPAC to deliver the updates for the a350.

the joy of outsourcing :D

35 minutes ago, Airfighter said:

My view is that from now on, an X-Plane 10 development has no meaning. There are a lot of changes, and they require a lot of work to keep both under separate development. Specially if is not going to released very soon. Thus, the "image" shown suffers from the lack of PBR materials, etc.

Voice...check IXEG videos. Nice explanations what we are looking into... What is right, why,,,etc. If you are not going this way, then let some others to do some "dramatic" videos.

well if you develop in xp10 for 2 years, you finish for xp10 then port to xp11. Rather than switching midship especially when it is advanced like it currently is. 

Plus you get a stable sim that wont change and doesnt need alterations of the product.

7 hours ago, Airfighter said:

If you are not going this way, then let some others to do some "dramatic" videos.

You forget that most of us know these advertisment videos. First of all we know that they will do anything to hide problems.

In this video we simply saw a development machine, with many of the bugs of a beta version. In fact this gives this video an authenticity that this is really an untampered view of the current state.

Tbh seeing the autoland video with a functioning FMGS that doesnt sh****t on itself when changing midflight, sold be more on this plane than any epic video with pan shots showing scenes that will look even in the JAR great. 

I just would like to see independent engine modeling - they're in perfect sync... like in all multi-engine I've used in XP10....

But it is looking really promssing indeed.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

I just would like to see independent engine modeling - they're in perfect sync... like in all multi-engine I've used in XP10....

But it is looking really promssing indeed.

The REP B58 has completely independent engines.

• Upvote 2

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Thx Tony, 

probably also the SaaB 340, I really don't know because I ever bought it ?

Main Simulation Rig:

News! - Aircraft Announcement : Ultimate A320 from FlightFactor

FlightFactor has announced the coming of a Ultimate Airbus A320 of a real world training compatible aircraft for X-Plane. If you go right back a few years this was part of the original QPAC (QualityPark Group) initiative to bring a fully working A320 simulation to X-Plane.

It was a bold experiment and the outcome was mostly all the current X-Plane A320/A380 aircraft (except JARDesign) use the flight control systems created from that original initiative to cover flight areas of Fly-by-wire, Alpha Floor, Flight Control Laws to give simulation a realist feel when flying Airbus aircraft and that initial investment has gone a long way over the years in the X-Plane simulator.

This A320 aircraft from FlightFactor is the realisation of that original concept although I don't think QPAC is involved any more, but it is also a very different concept in the fact it does not use the X-Plane code or flight basics for the flying of the aircraft in the X-Plane Simulator.

This means the aircraft is totally plugin active and in reality is not connected at all to the laws and rules that is the basis of Laminar Research's X-Plane Simulator, so even a simple point of noting that if the aircraft is in the air or on the ground is not feasible and neither is any other connection to the aspects of simulator.

This provides both points of interest, in one the developers can do almost anything to replicate the A320 aircraft and it's systems, that is in the positive. But also is the fact the developers can also not use the set laws and ease of use of the built in X-Plane system that is provided (inbuilt) either. So even any provided simple area has to replicated and you don't have the X-Plane famous "Blade-element theory" to use either and in that is seeing the size and complexity of the project.

In reality the A320 is then disconnected from its X-Plane base, and the project may be a future way of adding in more features or in either finding its limitations or the sheer complexity in trying to fly on your screen alone.

FlightFactor note these features...

·         Hi quality and realistic interior and exterior visual model.

·         Hi quality and realistic sound pack with hundreds of sounds from the real aircraft.

·         Hi quality display graphics (4K panel).

·         Unique rain effects.

·         Fast access popup panel system.

·         Precise aerodynamical model with unique features like transonic effects, hi speed stall etc.

·         Specific engine model with realistic performance and dynamics.

·         More than 10,000 simulated objects like computers, sensors, units, data buses, busbars, relays, etc. with its own logics and behavior.

·         Simulation of data exchange in ARINC data protocol between aircraft computers with precision loss and delays.

·         Realistic simulation of transition effects, self-tests and other real aircraft undocumented features.

·         Physically based implementation of electric, hydraulic, fuel and pneumatic systems with realistic responses and state transitions.

·         Precise flight management system with full profile predictions and modes of operation.

·         Autopilot, indistinguishable from real aircraft, with all modes, transition effects and undocumented features.

A point made by FlightFactor is that this A320 is a heavy based systems simulation, and so it is not aimed at users that are new to simulation or don't understand complex aircraft systems and the flying aspects of these aircraft.

One interesting aspect from this project is that it may trickle down to FlightFactor's A350 aircraft also, as the developer has noted it will get the "Ultimate" title as well.

So this is going to be one very interesting release, and FlightFactor also notes...

"Price point: Due to the complexity and the accuracy of the systems - unheard of in x-plane - expect to pay more than with our current models.
Since we will first release it in 'beta' form, first customers will get a discount (and we expect initial customers to take this sim very seriously)."

In other words it won't be cheap....

Release date is near but not yet finalised, so watch this space and I would read up on Airbus operating and system manuals in the meantime.

Images are courtesy of FlightFactor

Developer A320 Forum : A320 Ultimate

SOURCE: http://xplanereviews.com/index.php?/forums/topic/614-news-aircraft-announcement-ultimate-a320-from-flightfactor/

You can see pictures at that page!

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the Party! (You are a tad late though...)