Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Virtualcol FS - Shorts 360 VC Gauge Glass

Bought this package some time ago. I sent a request to the developer very quickly and asked that they remove the smoky glass attempt for light reflection as it was very difficult to see the gauges. They acknowledged my request (but didn't say they would do anything about it).

When the regional update package came out I hoped that my issue had been addressed. It had not.

So I have a great flight model and respectable external aircraft but the VC sucks.

I am wondering if anybody else has this plane and/or knows how to remove the smoky glass on the gauges in the VC?  Interestingly the fixed 2D view cockpit is clear as a bell but I hate the fixed 2D cockpit?

VCO-335n.md.jpg

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have the VirtualCol Jetstream 31 and Dornier 328 Jet for FS9 and have a similar issue with the interior cockpit and cabin windows reflections. The reflections are coded into the .mdl file and can't be edited, they are WAY too high and need removing altogether. I haven't managed to improve them much by editing the glass textures either. They do ruin a very good value product for me and I don't use them any more because of it.

7 hours ago, A32xx said:

I have the VirtualCol Jetstream 31 and Dornier 328 Jet for FS9 and have a similar issue with the interior cockpit and cabin windows reflections. The reflections are coded into the .mdl file and can't be edited, they are WAY too high and need removing altogether. I haven't managed to improve them much by editing the glass textures either. They do ruin a very good value product for me and I don't use them any more because of it.

I know, its plain dumb. I thought I had made some headway with the developers on removing them but to no avail.

There is totally a difference between these frosted over gauges and others who have made true reflective glass.

Near CAM3

Same problem here, I too contacted them and they replied quickly, promised to fix them and did nothing.

I contacted them over and over for the last 9 months and they kept replying with the same reply and nothing has been fixed.

I WILL NEVER BUY THERE PRODUCTS AGAIN.......

Nick Sciortino

1 hour ago, nicksort said:

Same problem here, I too contacted them and they replied quickly, promised to fix them and did nothing.

I contacted them over and over for the last 9 months and they kept replying with the same reply and nothing has been fixed.

I WILL NEVER BUY THERE PRODUCTS AGAIN.......

Well thanks for trying. I like the flight model of and the exteriors of the Shorts but I agree with you I don't fly them because of this issue.

Near CAM3

FYI I wrote to Virtualcol FS this afternoon and got this response.

Dear Customer,

We apologize the inconvenient this situation generated to you. Is the issue with reflection in VIRTUAL COCKPIT gauges? Or windows? Because I have only request for SHORTS SERIES PACK, not for SAAB series or other model. If your claim is about SHORTS, this model will have an update in a few weeks including this part. If you have same problem with other model, please advise to verify and our team will include this solution in the next updates to release.

Kind regards,

GERMAN REINA A.

Technical Support

To which I responded.

Sorry to be clear, it's the reflective (frosted) glass on the SHORTS gauges. Not the cockpit windows.

There are apparently other models (different planes) that have the similar effect, planes which I don't have in my hanger.

Attached is a screenshot (the same one I attached above) with the frosted over gauges. It's very hard to read the gauges in the virtual cockpit.

Should you folks fix this issue it will help with a lot of customers.

Bryan

I can only hope they actually act on this request.

Near CAM3

ENCOURAGED!!!1

I received this response today from Virtualcol FS.

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much, in fact this solution has been included in the next update to release. The delay correspond to our team is busy with CRJ SERIES to release but this product will be ready in a few weeks. The next update includes too a fix to solve problem in gear dumper.  Please pending in our site over end this month or contact to me if you wish other issues to verify in this update before to release.

Kind regards,

GERMAN REINA A.

Technical Support

Near CAM3

Lets hope the fix is really coming, here is a copy of the last of the many emails between me and German Reina.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2016 8:42 AM

It has been almost 2 months and I cannot fly this plane so once again I am emailing you about this problem.

Any news on the patch, I am hoping this gets resolved quickly and not put on the shelf for a later time.

Please help!

Thank you again,

Nick

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2016 10:48 AM

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: RE: simmarket orders are xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Customer,

I’m sorry but at this time not yet. Don’t’ worry I advise to you when it ready.

Cordialmente,

German Reina A.

SOPORTE OPERATIVO Y COMERCIAL

De xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviado el: sábado, 04 de junio de 2016 08:04 a.m.
Para: Virtualcol Store
Asunto: Re: simmarket orders are xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Importancia: Alta

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any news on the patch, I am hoping this gets resolved quickly and not put on the shelf for a later time.

Thank you again,

Nick

Nick Sciortino