Sign in to follow this  
emisary

Looking for a C206 or something like that size

I am looking for a Cessna 206 which works in FSX and Prepar3d.
Or a lookalike c206/c207.
On one hand I found the Carenado 206 and the Alabeo 207. I have bought the latter.
They look pretty good. Switches work. Yet I am not so sure of their realistic behaviour.

On the otherhand is the freeware Flightport 206 Soloy Mk1. Which does not look shabby either.
To be honest the Alabeo 207 looks a bit better.
But I have the impression that the Flightport 206 flies a bit more realistic.

Is it only the idea that I have that the Flightport flies better, or is it more realistic?
I have searched a lot of forums. But could not find a hint in the right direction.
Only message that most where happy about the plane.

The fact that you really need some amount of throttle, while on approach, and a sudden drop of the nose if you take the throttle away gives me the idea that it is pretty much reallistically.
The Alabeo, keeps level for a pretty long time.

Thanks ahead,

RobB

Edited by emisary

The C182T has the same airfoil and nearly the same size and performance, so I suggest taking a look at the A2A C182 Skylane. It is a bit more expensive, but since I have the impression that you want realistic behaviour and good looks, this one has both.

• Upvote 1

The A2A C182 is a very nice plane. I know that.
I allready know, that I am going to order the A2a C182 as my 4 seater.

Yet I was more looking into a comparison between the Flightport 206 and the Carenado/Alabeo 206/207.

Nevertheless, thank you for looking into my question and giving a nice suggestion.

RobB

The Flightport Soloy has a turboprop engine in it, and you should expect very different behavior!

Why can they not both be correct?

Bert

Thanks Bert,

Maybe you are right. A different engine has different behaviour.
In my mind is Carenado equal to default FSX planes, with very nice bling-bling.
Maybe the Soloy is the same.

If I take the Aerosoft Twinotter Extreme. Well that is nice bling-bling, good flight engine. Where default planes have flight-engine, but not so good.
Maybe I am completely wrong.
I have a bunch of Alabeo/Carenado bought (C177, C207/C208, C337, B200 and PC12).
If I compare the Carenado PC12 to the Flight1 version, is the Carenado one the better looking, but is to my knowledge, the Flight one better in sound and flight engine.

Greetings,

RobB

Hi Folks,

I had the Carenado 206 (lead sled) in FS9 and honestly - it seemed well done... I haven't tried the newer versions...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I don't think you can generalize about "good" and "not so good".

Most of my Carenado planes feel very realistic, and certainly better than the default planes  :cool:

Bert

22 hours ago, emisary said:

The fact that you really need some amount of throttle, while on approach, and a sudden drop of the nose if you take the throttle away gives me the idea that it is pretty much reallistically.

The Alabeo, keeps level for a pretty long time.

How much throttle you need on approach depends on speed, flap setting and ROD.

IMO the Alabeo 207 is realistic concerning handling/performance. If the nose drops when you reduce power depends on a lot of things like CG and thrustline. Furthermore the 207 has a long fuselage which increases pitch stability.

Nevertheless on my install the nose drops immediately when reducing power. Going to idle from level flight at 120kts results in an initial ROD of 2000ft/min and finally settles at around 1200ft/min.

Thanks guys, for all your inputs.
Helped me quite good.

I was initially looking for a freeware replacement of the C207 we are using in the VA. And was debating myself, wether the  207 was good, as it flew different then the 206. Eventhough the 207 is a lengthened 206.
But we keep the 207 as payware and add the 206 as freeware.