Sign in to follow this  
beechcaptain

WOAI or UT2+WOAI

A few years ago, I installed UT2 and a variety of WOAI airline packages in FSX and had things working pretty well. After a pc crash about 1 1/2 years ago, I had to reinstall FSX and did not reinstall UT2/WOAI.  I am now flying all of my tubeliners (PMDG) in P3Dv3.3.5 and use FSX for GA flying (A2A, MilViz & RealAir).

I have been contemplating trying AI once again, but primarily in P3D flying the various flights for my VA.  The way I understand, the simplest method would be to install the AI into FSX and then copy over all the required files to P3D, since I have both sims installed.   

Now for my main question, would it be recommended to use UT2 and WOAI or stick with just WOAI for the trial?

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Does this interest you at all?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I have downloaded Pete's updates, but I am trying to decide as per my question above, as that is a lot of work to get everything set up properly, and I want to forego that until I determine if I definitely want to go with UT2 again.  My question boils down to:  is using UT2+WOAI definitely better than using just WOAI?  An important point, also, is that I have both FSX and P3D installed.

I guess I could just install a single WOAI package and see how it goes, but that does not give insight on UT2 with FSX & P3D installed.  I'm simply looking for input from those who have been there/done that or have similar experiences.

Glenn Wilkinson

I have both FSX and P3D on my system and use UTII for AI. What I did was install UTII into FSX and checked that it worked OK then instead of copying it to P3D I just linked P3D to the FSX install. Fist I copied the DLL and/or XML entries from the FSX files and entered them in the P3D files. Then I copied the simobjects entries in the FSX.cfg file and put them in the simobjects.cfg file for P3D.

I have done this for each install for the last few years and it's worked OK every time. Also if I update my AI traffic details I only have to do it once and both sims are updated.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

ward, that sounds like the way to go.

Thanks for the tip.

Glenn Wilkinson

There is a great tutorial in this forum on how to link P3D to the UT2 FSX installation. I used that setup for a long time until I rebuilt my system on a new computer with only P3D and no FSX.

Richard

Hi.

My updates have woai in them and imported into ut2.

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Hi.

My updates have woai in them and imported into ut2.

That makes it much easier for the end user!  Thanks.

Glenn Wilkinson

2 hours ago, rwalls said:

There is a great tutorial in this forum on how to link P3D to the UT2 FSX installation. I used that setup for a long time until I rebuilt my system on a new computer with only P3D and no FSX.

Richard

Richard,  if you happen to find the tutorial, please let me know.  I've been searching but not found it as of yet.  I have the general concept down, but would like to see the tutorial to be 100% accurate and hopefully error free.

Also, how do you set the ai density for P3D, because normally, the UT2 AI traffic density is controlled by the settings in the UT2 software, which would effect FSX but not P3D.  So in this case, would I set the standard P3D ai traffic slider?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Glenn Wilkinson

I'd skip UT2 altogether due to it's quirks and stick to a full freeware setup. Base your aircraft collection from what you already have from UT2, WoAI, and Petes updates and build from that using AIFP2 and plans from AIG.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Interestingly I am going through this same issue.  I decided to go with WOAI and nothing else. But haven't yet done a full test on things.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks, Richard.

I worked through the different posts and recommendations and got it working in FSX and P3D, using UT2 and Tootings (Pete King) super duper trafic package.  Guess I was making it seem more difficult that it really was.

Glenn Wilkinson