Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

LDS and PMDG question

I am thinking about going for LevelD 767 model, but I need to ask two simple questions:- how is LDS performance-wise compared to PMDG 737 series?- is it more comprehensive in the system department than the 737?Thank you for your commentsDom

If you could run the 73x, the LDS will give you no trouble at all. Systems wise, it's definitely up there at the top of the list as far as advanced functionality. Go for it, you will not be sorry, it's an excellent package. I'm sure others will say much the same. Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest bobsk8

I own both and flew the 737 alot prior to buying the LevelD 767. Haven't flown the 737 since. I find the 767, more realistic, and much better to hand fly and better on frame rates and more stable in FS9. I used to have intermittant CTD's , and haven't had one since I switched to the 767.

Guest dolb

IMO The LDS 767 owns every add-on out there, Well For sure PMDG 737NG In Functionality and Performance, But IMO It's better than the newely released add-ons such as the PMDG 747.I just love this plane I can't believe how good it is!

Guest Len

LDS is better peformance wise. As complex systems as PMDG as well. The LDS model is one of the best addon purchases I've made.

I was very disappointed with the inability to use the FMC and certain other smaller things in the VC but it is a great package. THE best package? not IMO at least. That is saved for an airplane that has a fully functional VC and all the bells and whistles

Thank you very much folks,I do not use VC, so this is not going to be a show-stopper for me,Dom

Dom,It is in mine and many others opinion that, the 'Level-D 767-300, should have won the Avsim award.Need I say more?Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest dolb

Dom, Then Buy LDS NOW, You wont' regret it!--I agree about the Avsim award but then again Think about the 'other half's' response to it if it was given to LDS?IMO Due to piracy PMDG holds more of the users, Oh Whell it's their [as in the users] loss.(PMDG have excellent products too But There is just something about the LDS 767 That I prefer, Likewise others feel the opposite to me :) )

Guest LLgaz

I have both the PMDG737 and the LDS767. I love both.I find myself flying the LDS767 a lot more than the PMDG bird though. There's just something about it that puts it above all the others out there.I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the LDS757 and hoping that there will be a model of the 757 with winglets as well, although that will probably not happen.To anyone that can afford both the PMDG737 and the LDS767, then definitely go for both. If you can only afford one, the LDS bird is definitely the one to go for.I really thought the LDS767 had received the Avsim award. Its so good that I didn't really think twice about that and just assumed it.Its a shame that it hasn't.

How do you mean you can't use the FMC in VC mode on the LDS 767? I use it all the time, unless you mean the FMC panel on the pedestal, but you probably could not read the numbers or buttons anyway cause they would be too small. I click the FMC button on the glareshield (VC mode)and it is fine.Ron

Ron Service

>How do you mean you can't use the FMC in VC mode on the LDS>767? I use it all the time, unless you mean the FMC panel on>the pedestal, but you probably could not read the numbers or>buttons anyway cause they would be too small. >RonYou can with 'TrackIR4 Pro'.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

you are using a 2d panel version of the FMC, thus, the VC Is not fully functional

On my older computer (P4 2.4Mhz) the LDS 767 gives slightly better frame-rates (3-4 fps) than the Pmdg 737. I did some tests in the same conditions. With both aircraft I cannot use the VC on big airports with much traffic. On your machine there should be no frame-rate problem at all.In my eyes the Pmdg 737 is very good, but the LDS 767 is still in a higher class, because it is a complete simulation with all the systems and their logic. Guy