Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

C310R v1.1

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)
ALABEO C310R FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1

Fixes:
- Fuel system corrected...
- Minor bugs and textures corrected.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.
You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Hi Les,

So of course I have to ask - did they do the fuel system correctly ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yes, almost. The amber Aux Tank fuel lights should illuminate when selected. I just submitted another ticket, first thanking them for the update, then mentioning the Aux tank lights. I also included the OAT gauge and the EGT gauge for not functioning properly for lack of full range. Finally, I also included the ALT fail lights that don't seem to work.

- Special hats-off to you Scott for first including the fuel system issue on the first ticket. I gotta tell you, I was absolutely shocked when I saw they actually updated the system.

In addition on separate topics, like yourself, I substituted the Milviz sound folder. Further, I substituted the Milviz .air file and it seems to work ok. I really don't like swapping .air files but I took around the pattern with the change and things seemed to go ok. But it needs a true cross-country shakeout to check fuel flow, etc. Finally, I made some changes to the aircraft.cfg for the proper RPM drop and flap settings.

I know there is supposed to be a Milviz C310 update but that could be years away, quite literally.

Thanks again for all your help,

Les Parson

• Upvote 1

Hi Les,

Happy to help...

I'll duplicate your ticket efforts again...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

8 hours ago, LDP1949 said:

I substituted the Milviz .air file and it seems to work ok. I really don't like swapping .air files but I took around the pattern with the change and things seemed to go ok. But it needs a true cross-country shakeout to check fuel flow, etc. Finally, I made some changes to the aircraft.cfg for the proper RPM drop and flap settings.

Please note that if you swap the air file it's absolutely essential that you swap the cfg file as well, as one doesn't work correctly without the other.

Concerning the flap settings, it's possible that the less than full settings are different from the POH etc. because correct drag and stall speeds require other values to get the desired/realistic result.  

5 hours ago, J35OE said:

Please note that if you swap the air file it's absolutely essential that you swap the cfg file as well, as one doesn't work correctly without the other.

Concerning the flap settings, it's possible that the less than full settings are different from the POH etc. because correct drag and stall speeds require other values to get the desired/realistic result.  

Thanks, I have essentially done that but one more of a manual, section-by-section basis. I have a couple of C310 POHs. As far as I can see, 0/15/35 flap settings are accurate.

2 more items I've found. Can anyone confirm trim wheel rotates the wrong direction, and with left engine out in flight the landing gear does not function. With right engine out only nose gear extends.

One more item, is it correct for the panel lights (operated with yoke switch) to be functional with battery switch in off position?

26 minutes ago, AirDog916 said:

2 more items I've found. Can anyone confirm trim wheel rotates the wrong direction, and with left engine out in flight the landing gear does not function. With right engine out only nose gear extends.

Trim wheel (and tab) move correct on my install and the single hydraulic system controls the landing gear. No way that only one leg extends, there must be something else going on. Are you below VLO when retracting/extending the gear?

edit: noticed that there's a single hydraulic pump for the left engine defined in the cfg file and the gear is also hydraulically operated.

That's incorrect as the gear system on the real 310 is electric. 

Thanks J35OE,

I've corrected the .cfg file to represent electric hydraulic system for gear and they work as expected with both engines out. But on my system, the trim wheel still seems to be backwards. I rotate wheel forward (counter clockwise), the indicator moves back and the planes nose rises, rotate back (clockwise) and indicator moves forward and nose lowers.

For changes that you guys are making to the cfg to make this bird better, do you mind publishing them so we can all benefit from your efforts?

As far as i remember the Cessna 310r does not have an Hydraulic Undercarriage,it is electro Mechanical undercarriage with Actuator

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:48 PM, LDP1949 said:

I substituted the Milviz sound folder. Further, I substituted the Milviz .air file and it seems to work ok. I really don't like swapping .air files but I took around the pattern with the change and things seemed to go ok. But it needs a true cross-country shakeout to check fuel flow, etc. Finally, I made some changes to the aircraft.cfg for the proper RPM drop and flap settings.

I know there is supposed to be a Milviz C310 update but that could be years away, quite literally.

Interesting! I already have the Milviz Cessna 310 but was considering getting the Alabeo version. Do you think that the purchase is worthwhile bearing in mind that you felt the need to change both the sound and .air files?

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

Interesting! I already have the Milviz Cessna 310 but was considering getting the Alabeo version. Do you think that the purchase is worthwhile bearing in mind that you felt the need to change both the sound and .air files?

Bill

Well, It's quite subjective of course. However, I concur with earlier comments from scottb613, who described the Alabeo FDE as lacking "soul" as compared with Milviz. In answer to your question, I must respond in the negative. 

• Upvote 1