Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Ortho4XP tile generation for Toronto and area IMPORTANT!

Hi all,

A head's up...if you have, or are thinking about generating a tile for Toronto, Ontario, Canada, ....you might already have a file called ZYTZ TERRAIN, installed in your Custom Scenery Folder.

This file is an add-on to enhance the Western Ontario Basin, out towards Hamilton, Ontario, etc...and most would have installed this if they have already installed CYTZ and Chris K's, CYYZ.

This will conflict with the entire Toronto area core...if it is above your yOrtho Overlays and your lower tile generation for the Toronto Area.  You must remove this from your Custom Scenery Folder, and place it in a desktop folder called; Taken from XP11 Custom Scenery Folder, as a suggestion, and a place to keep it safe, and you'll know from where this file came from. With this file still in place, it will totally screw up your Ortho4XP visuals for the (G)reater (T)oronto (A)rea!!!!

I couldn't for the life of me, figure out why my generated tile looked so bad, with no highway 401, or the Q.E.W. showing up...and finally figured out what the conflict was, by going over in memory exactly what I had downloaded and installed prior to getting into Ortho4XP for in the Toronto, Ontario, Canada area,etc.  I then figured that the Western Basin Ortho was hijacking the Ortho4XP overlay that sat below it.

When you remove the file, you need to start XP11, then shut it down, and go into your Custom Scenery .ini file, for all your Ortho4XP files will once more be at the top. You need to take them down to again, above your UHD and HD 3 Mesh files (if you have them installed). Save your .ini file..and enjoy your Toronto area...

This thread will save you headaches...and wondering why your Toronto Ortho4XP tile looks so crappy...while all others just outside of its 'pull', does not.:biggrin:

I have found that if you 'think' that possibly, your visuals are not up to snuff...I suggest it is a ortho conflict within another scenery package that is sitting above your yOrtho_Overlays and your Ortho4XP tile entries. I cleaned up a couple of other installed (removed) scenery items, and have fabulous G.T.A. and Southwest Ontario visuals.  These are just northwest of Toronto, just west of Brampton...and soon to be heading towards Hamilton, and Niagara-On-The-Lake, for a landing in Buffalo.  Just exploring, and having a blast...late early morning

Eclipse_4.png

Eclipse_5.png

Eclipse_6.png

"Oh..and everybody's welcome... ;0)"

Cheers,

Mitch

The issue you had, isn't just for the Toronto area, but any airport where custom ortho was generated and injected by the airport package.  I had the same exact issue with Justsim's LOWI, where I generated custom ortho for the Innsbruck area, and after juggling entries in the scenery_packs.ini, none of the airport objects or town objects for LOWI and Innsbruck loaded, BUT the ortho I created looked great!  Once everything was where it was, I wrestled with the earth_nav_data folders in the airport directory, thinking those should be excluded, but nope, no dice.  I wound up putting those folders back, kept the scenery order as is, and moved on.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

On 5/13/2017 at 5:07 AM, Jimm said:

The issue you had, isn't just for the Toronto area, but any airport where custom ortho was generated and injected by the airport package.  I had the same exact issue with Justsim's LOWI, where I generated custom ortho for the Innsbruck area, and after juggling entries in the scenery_packs.ini, none of the airport objects or town objects for LOWI and Innsbruck loaded, BUT the ortho I created looked great!  Once everything was where it was, I wrestled with the earth_nav_data folders in the airport directory, thinking those should be excluded, but nope, no dice.  I wound up putting those folders back, kept the scenery order as is, and moved on.

Hi Jimm, I have had a few 'brain teasers' as well.  I spent a few hours looking over each folder in my Scenery Folder, and as you'd expect, have found quite a few with their own custom ortho injection. It all takes time to groom the Ortho 'experience', but I have found it to be, very well worth it.

What about tileproxy (-:

6 hours ago, N1G said:

What about tileproxy (-:

Wrong sim, this is the X-Plane forum

Since they had been around for such a long time, I was wondering if they might join the x-plane crowd. I was just thinking about the amount of experience, although it's a little different approach.