Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Brunner CLS-E - still the king of yokes in mid 2017?

Yep, I heard they are working on some kind of profile repository and well needed looking at the numbers of things you can tweak in the software.

Richard Åsberg

On 5/24/2017 at 7:17 PM, WebMaximus said:

Received the yoke today and took it for a quick spin in the NGX and in a word...WOW!!

This yoke really takes your simulated flying to a whole new level.

Now I just need to figure out how to set all parameters to best suit the NGX.

Would be really nice if there was a place where people could share experiences and profiles. I don't think such a forum exist does it? 

Now you've got me very interested.  Can you describe what it did?  Is it heavy?  I was in a fixed base NGX sim on Friday and was astonished how heavy the yoke was so I want to make sure this is similar.

Darren

1 hour ago, Dazmundo said:

Now you've got me very interested.  Can you describe what it did?  Is it heavy?  I was in a fixed base NGX sim on Friday and was astonished how heavy the yoke was so I want to make sure this is similar.

Darren

I think the easiest way to describe it is using the CLS-E yoke you feel the yoke is "alive" in your hands and the feeling is very different from my old CH yoke. I guess the main reason for this is the resistance comes from servo motors inside the yoke rather than the static springs found in the CH yoke.

As for the heaviness moving the yoke you can adjust that any way you like using the CLS2Sim software. I've been in fixed base simulators as well and just like you I have noticed how heavy the yoke is vs what I've been used to in the sim at home using the CH yoke. With the CLS-E yoke I would say the feeling is much closer to the real thing and again...you can adjust this anyway you like. You can even make it heavier than the real thing should you want to. On top of this other things like turbulence when flying in such conditions is simulated as well where you will physically feel that in the yoke when flying.

Very hard to describe in words but I hope my answer gave you at least some of the info you were looking for. What made me decide to get one was I read many real pilots are using the CLS-E yoke and saying it's the closest they've come to the sensation of flying a real aircraft in front of your PC and now that I've tried it myself I fully understand what they mean by this.

Richard Åsberg