Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

XP 11 Engine intermittently Quits During Flight

X-Plane 11, I am flying a payware plane and I have checked with the developer.  He says he pretty much uses stock plane XP functionality.  Twice, for no reason, the engine quit and I couldn't get it restarted.  

I am not sure if this is a bug or not.

Thanks!

If you could elaborate as to which aircraft you are talking about, that might help.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Same as Jimm, which plane is that and any other addons used during this flight?

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Maybe you ran out of fuel. Make sure you refill after every flight. Always check your fuel after starting X-Plane. You can also go to your plane customization and check for failures.

Well it looks like Michelh was correct.  I ran out of fuel.  In FSX it didn't really maintain the "state" of the aircraft, so even starting a new flight or resetting the flight, at least for me, fuel wasn't an issue.... though I checked the fuel it was always ready to go.  So now I have to keep that in mind at this closer.  Time to get back into the check lists!  Awesome!

Thanks again to all who responded!

13 hours ago, Skyseek said:

Well it looks like Michelh was correct.  I ran out of fuel.  In FSX it didn't really maintain the "state" of the aircraft, so even starting a new flight or resetting the flight, at least for me, fuel wasn't an issue.... though I checked the fuel it was always ready to go.  So now I have to keep that in mind at this closer.  Time to get back into the check lists!  Awesome!

Thanks again to all who responded!

The two things I always check, prior to starting a flight, is the fuel and weight, as well as failures.  For some payware aircraft, you don't have to concern yourself with the XP fuel and weight, if they have their own fuel and weight calculators. By the way, what aircraft was it that you were flying?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

So far my payware aircraft's are Aerobask Eclipse 550NG, Pipistrel Panthera, RWDesigns Duke, Embraer E195 v2 and Flight Factor Boeing 767-300. So far no issues.

Yes Jimm, I always check the fuel, weight and failures prior to a flight. Every day I find something new to learn especially when you use different plugins.