Hello,

I just changed my old GTX 970 (25 fps) for a brand new GTX 1080 Ti !... and got 25 fps  8(

I tried to reinstall NVIDIA driver as adviced but nothing improved.

Do you have any idea what to do ?

Thank you very much

Eric

FYI : i7 6700K + 16 Go ram

Monitor : 1080p (1920*1080)

First you need to let us know what sim your are using, what addons you are using, and what settings you are trying to run it at. It sounds like you have overloaded your CPU with addons and settings. If that is the case installing a faster GPU will not help.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks. 

Like many I am using P3D 3.4, with orbx global, vector, and Europ. I haven't changed settings yet, but expected a difference in terms of fps or vas. Unfortunately, still get low fps and vas issues. 

Regards

Eric 

i would not expect difference in VAS. I have no a idea about FPS, but i would also expect at least slightly better FPS with 1080ti. Try to rebuild shader cache 

Let us know about results, i am realy interested in this - i want to upgrade my GPU

I upgraded to a 1080ti from a 970 and noticed a huge boost, but that was because I started flying exclusively with a vr headset and bumping the resolution up to 4k in order to be able to read the panel clearly.  In this case I was severly gpu limited with the 970, and the new gpu plus 11gb of vram was enough to overcome the bottleneck.  If you are running with max autogen, road traffic, etc and are cpu limited the gpu upgrade will not help as much.  The gpu really helps most with clouds, aa, and high resolution or vr, anything else taxes both the cpu and gpu together.

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, lodestar said:

i would not expect difference in VAS. I have no a idea about FPS, but i would also expect at least slightly better FPS with 1080ti. Try to rebuild shader cache 

Let us know about results, i am realy interested in this - i want to upgrade my GPU

I thought about that too, unfortunately I haven't noticed benefit. 

I've done a 1, 5 hour flight tonight and should admit that was not that bad : taking off around 25 fps, I reached 60 at flight level. Maybe no much difference with previous configuration but I found it more smoothly and some higher rendering details. 

Br

Eric 

22 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

I upgraded to a 1080ti from a 970 and noticed a huge boost, but that was because I started flying exclusively with a vr headset and bumping the resolution up to 4k in order to be able to read the panel clearly.  In this case I was severly gpu limited with the 970, and the new gpu plus 11gb of vram was enough to overcome the bottleneck.  If you are running with max autogen, road traffic, etc and are cpu limited the gpu upgrade will not help as much.  The gpu really helps most with clouds, aa, and high resolution or vr, anything else taxes both the cpu and gpu together.

I'll give it a try with my oculus. 

ThAnks

Eric

17 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

I upgraded to a 1080ti from a 970 and noticed a huge boost, but that was because I started flying exclusively with a vr headset and bumping the resolution up to 4k in order to be able to read the panel clearly.

Confused. It doesn't matter what resolution you set for FSX, what you actually see is still limited to the low resolution of the VR headset - the number of pixels is fixed by the hardware.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

35 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Confused. It doesn't matter what resolution you set for FSX, what you actually see is still limited to the low resolution of the VR headset - the number of pixels is fixed by the hardware.

He probably means he activated the oculus supersampling for better visual clarity.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, vortex681 said:

With flyinside you can bump the resolution up to 4k, 5k or even 6k.  It doesn't change the actual resolution of the hmd but the super sampling makes a huge difference in sharpness, its the same idea as nvidia DSR.  Changing the resolution in the sim outside of flyinside doesn't do anything.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, Pilot53 said:

With flyinside you can bump the resolution up to 4k, 5k or even 6k.  It doesn't change the actual resolution of the hmd but the super sampling makes a huge difference in sharpness, its the same idea as nvidia DSR.  Changing the resolution in the sim outside of flyinside doesn't do anything.

hello Pilot53,

Can you explain how to set up flyinside in 4K mode ?

Does it improve graphics?

Thank you
Eric

52 minutes ago, Squatdrop said:

hello Pilot53,

Can you explain how to set up flyinside in 4K mode ?

Does it improve graphics?

Thank you
Eric

It helps immensely with clarity and readability.  I wouldn't be able to use vr if it weren't for that setting.  You can set up to 4k resolution using the flyinside menu, just change the resolution to the highest setting.  If you want to experiment with higher you have to set the resolution manually through the settings file.

This hole thread is not a "1080ti issue", but a "P3D issue" :-)

Like it was said: faster GPU helps with higher resolutions and clouds, AA settings etc.