Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Good luck Australia...

...in tonight's EUROvision Song Contest.  :huh: I knew the world is getting smaller, but whut? :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Don't worry Ron, there are plenty down here wondering why we are involved in it

David Porrett

Ron, come on. Eurovision v Flightsimming? No contest!

You don't think I'M going to watch it do you? Gimme a break!

I have to laugh when people question why we haven't come close to winning Eurovision for 20 years. The simple answer is that every single UK song that has been entered into the competition since Katrina and the Waves won has been CRAP.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Spot-on,Chris! Besides, it has rapidly descended into 'You-give-me-10-points-Bosnia-and-I-will-give you.........points back' sort of political charade:laugh::laugh:

According to my wife, who is a Eurovision expert, Australia thrashed the Pommies! They came 9th, Royaume-Uni 15th

But we'll get our own back at cricket! :tongue:

• Upvote 1

I am wondering how we won with that... 'song'. Christ.

But hey, congratulations Portugal (i guess).

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

11 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I am wondering how we won with that... 'song'. Christ.

But hey, congratulations Portugal (i guess).

Don't get too excited, Portugal has to host the thing next year. That won't do much for your balance of payments. :biggrin:

LOL! That's true :P

It definitely wasn't the best timing.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Guest JustanotherPilot

As an Australian, I ask what we are doing in a European event, but I have since been suitably informed, that we are there(and have been for 3 years)by Invitation from the Organizers(why, I know not) and thanks to that idiot Australian who 'mooned' this years event during scoring, it will probably be our last.

steve

I get the feeling it is bigger in Australia than a lot of European countries, which is a concern...

Ian S

38.jpg

6 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

that idiot Australian who 'mooned'

Probably had a Tooheys or Vb far too much!!

Well, our Salvador won - firt time in 53 years !

I remember watching all European song contests when I was a kid... It was always a disappointment :-/

Yesterday I wasn't even paying attention when wife called to see - it's been years since I last had seen a contest in the Tv... 

Well, last two years have been full of nice surprises for Portugal :-)

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

I get the feeling it is bigger in Australia than a lot of European countries, which is a concern...

It is. I was in Australia last year when the Eurovision was on and everyone was talking about it (and I was asked when checking into a hotel if I'm looking forward to it). I stopped watching years ago and it's definitely not as popular as it once was