Sign in to follow this  
cougar2501

Autobrake no longer working ?

All has been well with the QoTS until recently when landing I noticed the although autobrakes were set to 3 nothing was happening.

No brakes sign in the window, no reduction in speed, nothing.

Now despite trying to remove and try a clean install with full upgrading by the operation centre each time to the current version, nothing changes.

Auto brakes work fine on the B777 and the B737 ?

Has anyone got any ideas what might be happening here ?

Many thanks for any assistance, this is driving me nuts !

Oh I fly using P3D by the way.

Phil Densley

Please do not remove and reinstall to troubleshoot, you are bound to create more problems.  The IRUs provide information to the autobrake system, any chance one of those is off line?  Be sure to look in the FCOM for reasons that autobrake disarms pg 14.20.5

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Also I never have the brake red indication in the FSX window when the autobrake works despite it actually provides brake effect. Not sure whether you must see it. 

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Brakes sign will not show. PMDG redid the whole ground friction model for this plane. This includes the autobrake when you land. PMDG's code is causing the autobrake to work outside the standard way we are used to seeing it. As soon as you release the autobrake (I have rudder pedals with toe brakes) by applying the correct amount of pressure you will see the red brakes message.  

To the OP, I am betting the autobrake is working, we are just not used to seeing it work correctly, i.e., way overpowered with default. PMDG's is likely way more realistic. I used 1 setting for autobrake all time with 777, with this one I use 2 or 3. This feature will hopefully be ported back to the 777 in the near future.

Eric 

Thanks for the replies folks.

Even if the brakes sign is not meant to show, braking is not taking place as the aircraft fails to slow unless I apply manual braking.

This has me baffled....

Phil Densley

OK guy's sorted it.

The throttle axsis on my saitak throttle  was not fully closing when you brought throttles back to idle.

For some reason it was still applying some slight thrust even though the throttle lever was in the full idle position.

A quick re calibration on all components soon had things back to normal.

Again thank you for your suggestions.

• Upvote 1

Phil Densley

6 hours ago, cougar2501 said:

OK guy's sorted it.

The throttle axsis on my saitak throttle  was not fully closing when you brought throttles back to idle.

For some reason it was still applying some slight thrust even though the throttle lever was in the full idle position.

A quick re calibration on all components soon had things back to normal.

Again thank you for your suggestions.

Thanks for posting your solution because it will help others with same problem.  Of course the FCOM lists an advanced thrust lever after landing as one of the triggers that disable autobrake.

Dan Downs KCRP

Indeed, thanks for posting your solution.  I suspect I have the same problem.

Cheers,

Your welcome guy's.

I hope this does help others find a solution to their problems, I have first hand knowledge of how frustrating this can be ! :-)

Phil Densley