Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

RC4 and GSX interference?

Situation: I have RC4 running. I start MCE. Then I ask Dieter to start boarding. Dieter answers as required but RC4 picks up the keystroke sent "from Dieter" and takes over the command (I can hear beep beep and RC4 "green" window goes: 

n/a

for a moment, than goes back to:

1-CLR byCD on 12197
2-Wx Brf on 11800

What needs to be done here?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Edited by Dirk98

12 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Situation: I have RC4 running. I start MCE. Then I ask Dieter to start boarding. Dieter answers as required but RC4 picks up the keystroke sent "from Dieter" and takes over the command (I can hear beep beep and RC4 "green" window goes: 

n/a

for a moment, than goes back to:

1-CLR byCD on 12197
2-Wx Brf on 11800

What needs to be done here?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I see, you have a point here.

Normally before sending key combo to P3D/FSX, MCE ensures the ATC window is hidden, and eventually hides it when it's not the case.

Obviously, in this case, it's the RC4 window that must be hidden, not the native ATC window.

But then,there could be ProATCX, AirHauler window waiting for input as well, therefore it's impossible to cover all scenarios.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

I see, you have a point here.

Normally before sending key combo to P3D/FSX, MCE ensures the ATC window is hidden, and eventually hides it when it's not the case.

Obviously, in this case, it's the RC4 window that must be hidden, not the native ATC window.

But then,there could be ProATCX, AirHauler window waiting for input as well, therefore it's impossible to cover all scenarios.

Sorry, I don't follow you. RC4 is hidden in the background but still takes over incoming inputs. The only way to resolve it is to invoke GSX SELECT window to the front and then start sending select inputs, and then close it again. Should be not that difficult for you to script. And this is not a special scenario by any means, on the contrary, it's quite basic. GSX is more popular than any of the programs that you mentioned. It would not interfere with any of the programs that you mentioned anyway. 

Thanks,

Dirk.

Edited by Dirk98

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

You lost me here. Why?? What the native ATC window has to do with what I wrote about GSX and RC4 fighting internally for the inputs from MCE?

Thanks,

Dirk.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Sorry, I don't follow you. RC4 is hidden in the background but still takes over incoming inputs. The only way to resolve it is to invoke GSX SELECT window to the front and then start sending select inputs, and then close it again. Should be not that difficult for you to script. And this is not a special scenario by any means, on the contrary, it's quite basic. GSX is more popular than any of the programs that you mentioned. It would not interfere with any of the programs that you mentioned anyway. 

Thanks,

Dirk.

That's exactly what MCE does with GSX.

With regards native ATC window, MCE tries to keep it out of the way when using RC4 ATC.

You never know when user brings it up manually, and the keys target it.

4 minutes ago, FS++ said:

That's exactly what MCE does with GSX.

Yes that's exactly what unfortunately does not happen when RC4 is running, no matter if its window up front or in the background. With RC4 running you can't select GSX commands even with physical keystrokes, let alone with MCE, as RC4 intercepts them all, or at least those that are numbers. Conclusioin: when GSX and RC4 are used in your flight, the only choice for GSX options selection is your mouse clicks.

Thanks,

Dirk.