Sign in to follow this  
scott967

US Airport Information

In the UK airport information is grouped together in a standard (ICAO) format that includes textual data (32 pages in the case of Heathrow) as well as all the charts.I can find charts for US airports on the following FAA site but can someone please tell me where I can find the textual data?http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

Thanks but I can't find the textual information there. The ICAO textual information is broken down into the following sections:1 - Aerodrome chart (if a separate chart isn't supplied)2 - Aerodrome geographical and administrative data3 - Operational hours4 - Handling sevices and facilities5 - Passenger facilities6 - Rescue and fire fighting services7 - Seasonal availability - cleaning8 - Aprons, taxiways and check locations data9 - Surface movement guidance and control systems markings10 - Aerodrome obstacles11 - Meteorological informationn provided12 - Runway physical characteristics13 - Declared distances14 - Approach and runway lighting15 - Other lighting, secondary power supply16 - Helicopter landing area17 - ATS airspace18 - ATS communications facilities19 - Radio navigation and landing aids20 - Local traffic regulations21 - Noise abatement procedures22 - Flight procedures23 - Additional information24 - List of charts related to the aerodrome.The charts are indexed as follows:2 - Aerodrome charts, including parking etc and holding points3 - Noise preferential routing charts, CTR entry/exit points, helicopter routes4 - Helicopter charts5 - Radar vectoring area chart6 - SIDs7 - STARS and approach procedures8 - Instrument approach charts. In the UK, this information is provided for all licenced aerodromes no matter how small. Obviously, irrelevant sections are omitted but the same headings are used. There may be no more than two pages, including an aerodrome chart. The same structure is used by many other counties worldwide.

www.airnav.com has a lot of that. The rest youd probably have to pay jesspen, or buy a product I enjoy, Sim Plates

Part of what you want is in the FAA Airport Facilities Directory. This is the textual data. I have not seen this on line.From amazon.com:AOPA's Airport Directory 2005-2006 Edition (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association)by Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (Author) (Paperback - 2005)(Rate this item)Usually ships within 1-2 business days Used & new from $14.77has some of what you want in that it is a facilities directory. I have one for year 2000 that was given to me.I have the payware Simplates2004 collection (www.dauntless-soft.com) with about 2003 data comprehensive for the US and a fair amount of other locations. Besides plates it includes FAA preferred routes and NIMA and FAA facilities info in textual format giving some of what you want.Other than that perhaps you can find info via VATSIM pilot resources.

Thanks for your replies.It seems that the US information isn't available free and on-line. The UK and many other countries, have adopted the format Integrated Aeronautical Information Package determined in ICAO Annex 15 which, as its name implies, conveniently puts all the aerodrome information together in one place. Additionally it's official, updated monthly, and often free to download. A good starting point for Europe is:http://www.eurocontrol.int/ais/links/europe.htm