Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Freezes

About fifty percent of my flights are resulting in a freeze. It usually occurs a couple of minutes after I start FSX SE. At first I thought Active Sky was causing the problem so I've been going without at it still freezes. My computer is very high end and I have my autogen set to normal. My FSX traffic is at forty percent.

I started a flight this evening using the PC-12 ( pay ware) and got the freeze again. I have Chase Plane set up where it comes on automatically when FSX SE starts. I got the pilot view and that was all. I got out of all of that then started everything up exactly as before. The same thing happened. Both times I opened Chase Plane by clicking on the icon in the taskbar and each time at the bottom of the pop up it said to start the Simulator even though the Sim was on. I don't believe this is a driver problem, Active Sky or PMDG problem, and it's not my settings. It looks to me there is a connection problem. Is this a problem others are having? What's the best way to fix this connection problem?

I see many people lost Chase Plane on Sunday morning due to a loss of internet connection. My loss of a connection with Chase plane has occuredSunday evening around 11:00 p.m. AQlso the freeze problem has occurred over the past several days.

Is it the sim freezing or ChasePlane freezing?

We had no reports of connection issues with our servers for a very long while.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

My camera locks in one view. I can hear the engines and when I click a different camera the view doesn't change but there is a different noise. Also, the few times that Plan G is running it shows the aircraft moving.

Is the sim freezing or is it just the camera movement?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

If the airplane is still moving and the camera is not moving...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I switched cameras in the MagesticDash-8 and the view stuck between the throttle and pilot view. The engines were running at that time and when I gave it full throttle it didn't move. The brake was on and when I pushed the key to release it, it stayed on. It looks like the FSX SE was frozen.

Alright, now try using the simulator without ChasePlane and let me know if the freeze still happens.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I fired up FSX SE without Chase Plane and it froze.

Then the issue is not with ChasePlane it seems

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42