Sign in to follow this  
xXidonthaveausernameXx

Assumed Temp. Question for PMDG B737 NGX

I understand that when derating the engines we have to enter an assumed temperature (unless I'm wrong), but I see all these YouTubers entering it into the FMC but I don't understand how to calculate the assumed temperature myself. I'm not willing to spend money on a program like TOPCAT that does it automatically, but are there any good freeware programs or websites that will do it?

try in the avsim library, look for

"b737ng_dispatch_sheet_v497.zip"  - seems like a pretty comprehensive spreadsheet . i think excel might cost more than topcat though, i don't know if it is compatible with google docs or alternatives but maybe worth a try

"737_ng_dispatch.zip" - seems like a standalone program based on that spreadsheet's data and info

one of those might do the trick. i haven't tried them since i use TOPCAT (and TOPER for the 736)

i believe all the info is in the FCOM for calculating it yourself also...maybe start around page 691.. pretty complicated process though. maybe somebody has done a tutorial for that also, not sure..

cheers,-andy crosby