Sign in to follow this  

...or seen a review?

Have been trying to find something but so far nothing.

Speaking about Brunner, I wonder when we'll see a Brunner TQ :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Yup. I've got those as well as the yoke.

I have not had a ton of time to evaluate them yet, so difficult to render an opinion.

So far I'm trending positive.... but I'll let you know.

Would be great to hear what you think once you had some time with them.

How do you like the yoke (which is my nr 1 priority) and what kind of aircraft are you flying? 

Richard Åsberg

I am an user of Brunner CLS-E pedals for around half a year. My impressions: mechanically very solid, nice design, installation quite easy, several software options for the tuning of the pedals. If fying a GA plane (Realair Duke B 60) with the standard settings for the pedals, then the force feedback effect of the rudders is very moderate. At the same time, my CLS-E yoke is much more noticeable. Only one thing is prominent: adjustments with the CLS-E pedals are taking more time and effort than with pure machinical rudders (Saitek for example), and so you are less responsive.

My problem: I am not a real world pilot, and Brunner isn't offering recommendations for the correcz settings for a specific plane. So I am making adjustments to the settings, but I don't know, whether these settings do reflect reality. This is a bit frustrating.

Summary: the CLS-E pedals are nice, but they are not a "must have". For me ...

Best regards

Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

Thanks for this great input, much appreciated!

Currently I'm on the fence if I would consider it worth the money to get the yoke. As for the pedals (I noticed there was a combo deal if you get both the yoke and the rudder pedals) I think I'll pass on the pedals for now. Wasn't that much money to save anyway by getting both at the same time.

As for settings/profiles for different aircraft I personally think it's a bit strange Brunner can't provide that considering the cost of their products. I would like to think that is the least you could expect when buying a product in this price range...a profile that will allow you to use the product in the best possible way in your given situation depending on what aircraft you're flying.

Then if you want to tweak it further you're on your own but to get at least some default profiles for the most commonly used aircraft really is something I think Brunner should provide with their products if that like you say isn't already the case.

Richard Åsberg

Another question and asked it over in another thread as well but will ask you too.

Were you able to map any keyboard shortcuts to the buttons on the yoke?

I watched a video clip where the guy said he was disappointed he hadn't been able to map all the things he wanted but somewhere else I heard/read there's some kind of software for that you can download.

Anything you're familiar with? 

Richard Åsberg

This is very easily done with FSUIPC. No problem at all!

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Sounds great!

Are you saying FSUIPC will recognize the buttons on the yoke directly or do you first need to install vJoy?

And you don't need to set the yoke in some kind of dummy mode to have FSUIPC recognize the buttons meaning you'll miss out on other features of the yoke in particular the force features?

Richard Åsberg

Regarding vJoy I am not sure. I installed it in the beginning, and I think, that it's a condition for the yoke to be recognized by FSUIPC.

Any dummy mode or so is not necessary. There is no loss of other features.

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Ok, many thanks and great to hear there's not a problem mapping things to the buttons.

Richard Åsberg