Sign in to follow this  
Redglyph

TrackIR not working, not enabled by ChasePlane

Hello,

ChasePlane does not activate TrackIR.

Just installed ChasePlane, which was a kind of a rodeo. Just to make sure it's normal,

- I had to install VFXCentral, which then updated itself (why not providing the latest version directly?),

- from there I could install ChasePlane, which then updated itself (why not downloading the latest version directly?),

- this leads me to a version 0.2.26 Alpha, I couldn't find a version to confirm it's the latest, should be OK (?).

When it was installed, it removed all the settings and configuration of Ezdok, so I can't get back to this one should ChasePlane fails.

I have started P3D 3.4 (latest version), and I'm trying to configure an on-board camera. The menus are not really intuitive but I don't think I've done something bad. Normally TrackIR is enabled, Chaseplane is enabled, yet my TrackIR is not activated by any program (only the left LED is on, meaning it sees the IR, but there is no program hooked to TrackIR).

I have tried to restart P3D several times, it correctly launches Chaseplane, if I middle-click the chaseplane menu appears, it's shown as enabled. If, in the Controls tab, I select the different icons on the top right (on board, outside, ...), it correctly - I guess - switches the views in P3D. So it seems installed, it just does not connect to the TrackIR driver (version 5.4).

How can I use TrackIR with ChasePlane? From what I saw here, it seems straightforward.

Thanks for any help

EDIT: I've updated TrackIR from 5.4.1 to 5.4.2 and now TrackIR is activated when I start P3D. But it's even worse.

Firstly, just to make sure: it's not clear exactly when chaseplane is enabled or not, but I'm assuming that I enable it by middle-clicking then clicking on "Global enable" when this button is green, so that when I middle-click again and see "Global disable" in red, it's now enabled.

If I do that, the view is shifting rapidly and repeatedly between two positions, which makes it completely unusable.

If I disable chaseplane, TrackIR is working fine.

Is this compatible with TrackIR 5?

EDIT 2: it seems random, I can't seem to launch P3D with TrackIR activated anymore.

I've also seen in the "What's new" part of chaseplane that the latest version was 0.2.28 (17-05-14, I suppose it's 14 May?), yet my version is 0.2.26. How can I update manually, obviously the update after installation failed to fetch the correct version.

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm suddenly experiencing the same "random" TrackIR 5 connection by ChasePlane (ver 0.2.30).   Close ChasePlane completely, restart ChasePlane a couple of times and it finally connects.

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

I shut it down every time. Actually it only activated once, and that time it seemed to fight a fixed position, hence the shaken view.

Either there is a specific installation procedure, or Track IR isn't supported yet.

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Perhaps one question is whether the TrackIR device already activates when Chaseplane is launched, for ex. if it's launched separately before P3D? Or does it only activates when P3D is started?

But nope, even after rebooting, or uninstalling TIR, removing all files, re-installing it, impossible to get anything.

The only one time it was active was with a P3D profile, so I doubt it was controlled by Chaseplane.

I would uninstall and re-install Chaseplane to try one last time, but I have to find what it did to my Ezdok configuration files first (any idea?). I'd like to be able to revert to something that works, at least :/

Tom Ross

Good catch guys,

Try the latest version, should be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have the latest version 0.2.31.

I have uninstalled it, uninstalled TrackIR, reinstalled both, it's simply not working.

I have also tested what you suggested in another thread, 1) launching Chaseplane, 2) launching TrackIR, 3) P3D, but no joy.

So, is it supposed to activate TrackIR directly when launching Chaseplane? That would save me time to test.

I've tested TrackIR with other sims, like DCS or XPlane 11, it's working fine. But now if I uninstall Chaseplane and start P3D alone, I don't have TrackIR support anymore, it has apparently messed up the configuration quite a bit.

Tom Ross

2 minutes ago, Redglyph said:

I have the latest version 0.2.31.

Latest is now 0.2.32

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

That's 3 versions in one hour :D - thanks by the way :)

But yep, I have it, and it's not working either.

So,

1) is it supposed to activate TrackIR directly when launching Chaseplane? That would save me time to test.

2) is there any log I can send or post here?

EDIT: and 3) is it normal that if I don't start Chaseplane and disable the auto-load, there is no more TrackIR support in P3D? That could be a hint. Or is Chaseplane handling the TrackIR driver?

Tom Ross

Must I re-install simconnect, and if so, which one?

Tom Ross

22 minutes ago, Redglyph said:

That's 3 versions in one hour :D - thanks by the way :)

But yep, I have it, and it's not working either.

So,

1) is it supposed to activate TrackIR directly when launching Chaseplane? That would save me time to test.

2) is there any log I can send or post here?

EDIT: and 3) is it normal that if I don't start Chaseplane and disable the auto-load, there is no more TrackIR support in P3D? That could be a hint. Or is Chaseplane handling the TrackIR driver?

1. TrackIR should initialize with ChasePlane regardless of the launch order. On my end, TrackIR initializes 100% of the time regardless of the launch order
  2. There is no TrackIR-related data in the Report file. I can include the detection states but it would be the same as looking at the top-left corner of CP for the TrackIR label.
  3. CP disables the default bridge between TIR and P3D to prevent conflicts. You can try reinstalling TIR or restoring the Simconnect.manifest files in the TIR root directory and see if that bridge is restored.

Thank you for your patience and involvement toward fixing this issue!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for your help as well!

I saw that if I rename the simconnect files in my TrackIR installation directory back to simconnect.manifest and simconnectSP2.manifest, I have TrackIR again in P3D. But if I launch Chaseplane from there, the view is shaking again. So I left those files renamed, at least I see how it connects to P3D.

I never, ever, saw TrackIR activated (right LED on) when launching Chaseplane alone (with TrackIR software running after or before).

Tom Ross

OK, done.

Tom Ross

Just to make sure I used the correct address, did you receive my email?

I think the "+TrackIR" indication in the top right corner, which appears when I start the TrackIR software, is an interesting hint that Chaseplane sees the TrackIR, but somehow it doesn't use its inputs to drive the camera view. My settings for TrackIR are on, though.

Tom Ross

I did receive it, I'll answer it later today!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42