Sign in to follow this  
Redglyph

TrackIR not working, not enabled by ChasePlane

6 hours ago, Redglyph said:

Just to make sure I used the correct address, did you receive my email?

I think the "+TrackIR" indication in the top right corner, which appears when I start the TrackIR software, is an interesting hint that Chaseplane sees the TrackIR, but somehow it doesn't use its inputs to drive the camera view. My settings for TrackIR are on, though.

I'm having the same issue with CP 2.32

Maury Pratt

Problem solved, thanks a lot! :happy:

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

19 hours ago, Maury Pratt said:

I'm having the same issue with CP 2.32

Make sure to launch the sim, this LED only lights up when it has actually started.

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks for your help; I've just realized TR5 isn't working in P3D v3.4.22 (Windows 10) at all. When I open TR5 only the left green light is on though head tracking and both F9 and F12 work normally (should both LEDs be on?) Then starting P3D still only the left light is on -- the right green LED is off so evidently TR5 isn't connecting to P3D. I've ensured both the required simconnect programs are installed (and all other add-ons using simconnect are ok). I've searched numerous forums for advice but found nothing helpful. I'm using TR's Prepar3D profile and have tried TrueView both on and off. I'd appreciate any diagnostic advice you or others may suggest.

BTW, TR5 was working ok with P3D and CP previously but some change I've made since then that I can't recall might be the cause..

Maury Pratt

Keven will do a better job of helping you than me but I can tell what I saw.

Both LEDs should be on, the right one indicates the client program (P3D, or Chaseplane) is using TrackIR to move the camera view, the left indicates TrackIR sees your clip and so, your head position.

P3D shouldn't connect itself to TIR, only Chaseplane, when it does you'll have a specific "FSFX" profile in the TIR titles, and not "P3D", so are you sure it wasn't using that profile before? By the way, CP will rename the simconnect files in the TIR directory to make sure this doesn't happen. Perhaps all this is specific to the latest versions, I didn't have it before.

From what I gathered, if you see on the top left corner of the CP window the aircraft symbol and "+TrackIR", it means that it has connected to TIR. When I close the TIR program, there's only an aircraft symbol there (not sure it helps, but it gives an indication).

The right LED only lights up when the sim has started, not before (not even in P3D's menu where you specify the airport, the aircraft and so on), this was a bit misleading for me and I thought it wasn't working though it was probably OK after 0.2.32.

If you try to reinstall TR, first check that it's a recent version that saves the profiles in your %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5. If that's not the case, it's probably a previous version that still saves the profiles in the program's installation directory, changes are they'll be erased with a re-installation or an update (I had the problem once...). So make a backup first!

Tom Ross

Well, this is embarrassing :blush: I finally tried the obvious and uninstalled/reinstalled TR5. Works like a charm now.

Maury Pratt

Sorry, one more thing: Though TR5 is now working with CP, the P3D view is jittering and seems to be locked. I'm using the FSFX profile and CP Preferences Camera is set to Enable TrackIR.

Maury Pratt

Well, by closing CP (with P3D running) and reopening CP the problem vanished. Seems to be ok now. Thanks

Maury Pratt

9 hours ago, Maury Pratt said:

Well, by closing CP (with P3D running) and reopening CP the problem vanished. Seems to be ok now. Thanks

That would probably be CP having renamed the simconnect to avoid a conflict with P3D.

Tom Ross