Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

TrackIR4 and the Wow Effect

Guest fokker70

Well, after several months of debating with myself and reading reviews and views on the subject, I finally broke down and ordered a TrackIR 4.It came in last night, and well WOW. I was so impressed with how much fun it added to my flying. I quickly tried it out with my beloved LDS 767 and PDMG 747. I will really enjoy using it with these planes. But, it really took a shine when I tried my Dreamfleet GA craft. My A36 which I have been slowly flying across the North America (Key West to Alaska) was just simply amazing. Even the wife was impressed with how it worked. If anyone is on the fence and it's in your budget, here is one more voice in the woods saying. Get it! Don't wait! Go for it! You will be amazed how this simple tool adds to your enjoyment of the virtual world.One quick note, I still need to find a way to get a little more movement to the 9'clock and 3'clock positions with less head movement. Not much, just a tad more tweaking I believe. This is the only tweak out of the box I felt I need to make. (personal preference)Warm regards,Jeff

I concur totally with the wow factor. The funny thing is FS9 was the reason I bought the TrackIR 4, but I've be using it flying IL2-FB-PF almost 90% of the time since I got it for christmas. It is awesome to be able to taxi and line up on the runway center line in FS9, just like in real life (sorta ;-)). Being able to look up over the nose a little to find the run way in low viz conditions and a whole host of other things I haven't had a chance to check out with FS9 because using the TrackIR 4 in combat rocks so much; I've been sucked back into the WWII aircombat arena for a season. :-)

Jeff Greth's video's are what sold me on getting this hardware.Simply the best addon ever made for total immersion IMO.Anyone with any doubts would do themselves a favour by watching them.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png