Sign in to follow this  
seahorse

Reload Lua Engine - Hot key

Hi,

Is there a hot key to reload Lua Engine during flight?

Why? Because sometimes it happens to me that during flight suddenly my MCP doesn't respond anymore (shows serial nbr ...)

The only way to fix that is to reload the lua engine.

Problem is that I'm always flying in Full view and with multiple monitors. So After start-up I'll drag my instrument (pmdg 2D, OVH, ..) to my other screens.

For me to be able to reload the lua engine I have to go to windowed mode to access the Linda program.

Result is that after that I have to re-position all my screens again.

I would be grateful if I could just use a key combination to reload lua engine during flight.

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

There is not at present. If anything stops responding like your MCP, it is worth opening the Console or inspecting the fsuipc4.log for any LUA error lines. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi,

I'm sure that the problem is not within Linda or the PMDG module. It really happens sporadically, but when it happens, usually during approach :-( then it can be somewhat annoying ;-) . I'm using Tileproxy and other add-ons (weather) while flying and somehow somethings goes wrong with Tileproxy when flying a long time over water. During approach and flying lower Tileproxy has to load a lot of tiles once back over land and there's not much to do about that.

And I'm sure you understand the "hassle" it is going out of full view, the sim is paused because I've to go into Linda, putting everything back in it's place etc...

So would you ever consider to make available a hot key just to reload the lua engine during flight (without pausing)?

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

Another add-on I have never heard of! Have you tried operating without Tileproxy?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi,

well it's a free add-on made (and not supported anymore) some 10 years ago but I tell you this is really awesome.

Basically what it does it will download and render satellite imagery (photo-realistic) in real time while in flight.

However it does require quite some fine tuning and trial and error and a reasonable powerful system.

As far as I can remember I don't have this problem when not using Tileproxy.

As said, there's no support for this anymore and flying without Tileproxy is most certainly not an option (try it, you'll see what I mean LOL)

Cheers,

Luc

OOPS I missed you're PM, will act on it

Luc Jonckheere

Thank you for making available the hotkey to reload the Lua Engine.

I noticed it's in the new release and It solved my problem.

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

So what is the LUA engine reload hotkey? 

I see you thank for it but what is it because I have sometimes the same problem?

7 hours ago, auz068 said:

So what is the LUA engine reload hotkey? 

The LINDA LUA code can be restarted by clicking on the Reload LUA Engine button or by pressing the hotkey combination CTRL+ALT+R. This should be done after saving any changes to the Joystick setup.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi,

my actual problem was that many times when I touched my VR Insight MCP, because of static electricity (especially in wintertime with wool clothing) the MCP would just not respond anymore. If it happens now, I just use the reload hotkey.

Lately I use an anti-static wrist band connected to the VRInsight so I don't have that problem anymore, but it's kind of a strange sight though LOL

Cheers,

Luc

Edited by seahorse

Luc Jonckheere

Hi Luc

A problem has emerged recently for some VRI Combo MCP users where a power spike is causing either the panel not connecting or disconnecting during use. Once disconnected, the Flt Sim has to be restarted to reestablish a working connection. Restarting LINDA is not sufficient. Investigation has shown that the panel button Lights is the trigger. See this thread

Your static electricity spike would appear to be similar. In your case I would try to earth the panel to eliminate the static. 

I don’t know the source of these problems but I suspect a change introduced to Windows. 

Edited by ScotFlieger
Clarification

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the heads up. I reported this problem to VR Insight but they never did give any suggestion to fix this. Before I got the wrist band I always got my bare foot on the floor LOL which in wintertime is not too convenient 😏. I'll check out the thread.

Cheers,
Luc

PS In my case, luckily, restarting Linda always worked so far.

Edited by seahorse

Luc Jonckheere