Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Wow no discussion on the DF 727 review??

I was hoping to see some discussion on the review; and see the thoughts of some who bought this addon. I've already decided to buy it, but it was number four on the list of addons to buy this year. I'm thinking of making it number one; I think with my TrackIR 4 and the fact that I get to fly this jet from gear up to touchdown would be a total immersion factor for me.Any thoughts guys?

Guest jennifer

There is sort of one. See topic:- "a thought about aircraft reviews".

I just read the review and agree with it 100%. I have the DF 727 and it is really a great plane, especially if you like to really fly the plane. I have the PMDG's, the DF727 and also the Coolsky MD80. The ones I've been flying most lately are the MD80 and 727 because the "program the FMS and then just sit and watch the flight progress" is fairly boring after using these 2 planes. I have to admit growing up with these 2 planes also, so there's a bit of nostalgic prejudice. The DF727 had an issue with turn rates initially, but the team in the new version have really brought together a great package. A hint at flying the 727: I stopped setting the plane in cold and dark condition as it just took too much time to get the flight off. I gave myself a promotion to Captain :-) and in the manager set the specs to "Ready to start engines". I figure that's what they hired the Flight Engineer for. There's still a lot of prep to do for a systems nut like myself, but it cuts down a lot on the time it takes to get to pushback. Wait until you hear the brakes groan when you push your toes down! A great little detail that brought back some pleasant memories. Mike

I enjoy starting from cold and dark. I try to get good enough to start within 5 mins or less, which I am now able to do. I practiced and learned what systems do what and it was really interesting. Thats why this and the Ready for Pushback V2 are on my top 5 list no questions asked. With the RFP airplane, I tired to get her ready to start engines by the time the INS' aligned, which I got pretty good at!I highly recommend this airplane to anyone who has not for some bizzare reason (unless you cannot afford to buy so many addons, I understand) purchased it yet.

HiThe reason for the lack of discussion is simple.There are some immutable facts about our universe. One of them is that the Dreamfleet 727 is above criticism. :) I don't think I've ever heard a bad word against it. Only the RealAir 260 seems to share the same aura of invincibility. From what I've seen, Paul and his team really seem to have produced a gem.And yet I haven't got it yet. The - not so bizarre - reason being that I'm waiting for the CD, which appears to be coming in February (17.99 GBP at Play.com folks..)I'm really looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. I'm just about sick of a certain 767 - in the nicest possible way.. RegardsIan

Guest jgreth123

>Hi>>The reason for the lack of discussion is simple.>>There are some immutable facts about our universe. One of them>is that the Dreamfleet 727 is above criticism. :) I don't>think I've ever heard a bad word against it. Only the RealAir>260 seems to share the same aura of invincibility. From what>I've seen, Paul and his team really seem to have produced a>gem.>>And yet I haven't got it yet. The - not so bizarre - reason>being that I'm waiting for the CD, which appears to be coming>in February (17.99 GBP at Play.com folks..)>>I'm really looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is>about. I'm just about sick of a certain 767 - in the nicest>possible way.. >>Regards>>IanFor the Virtual-Cockpit-Only crowd, at least for me, it's not up to par. It may run okay, and they sure modelled all the systems accurately... but it looks flat and cartoonish. There's no depth to the VC. When you lift your head up to look over the nose a bit, you see nothing, it's a flat 2-D window in the 3-D model.Everything else about the plane is amazing, but I got mine refunded because of this fact.I'm strictly VC and, unfortunately, this plane was made quite awhile back, so they didn't have today's technology / methods to create the smooth / realistic-looking VC.So there... I said something bad about it :(But it's just an honest criticism, the rest of it was amazing.

I don't have trackIR nor sat in a real 727 but I don't mind the VC at all.

Guest panda234

The review said it's great. What's to discuss? :-)billg

"For the Virtual-Cockpit-Only crowd, at least for me, it's not up to par. It may run okay, and they sure modelled all the systems accurately... but it looks flat and cartoonish. There's no depth to the VC. When you lift your head up to look over the nose a bit, you see nothing, it's a flat 2-D window in the 3-D model.Everything else about the plane is amazing, but I got mine refunded because of this fact.I'm strictly VC and, unfortunately, this plane was made quite awhile back, so they didn't have today's technology / methods to create the smooth / realistic-looking VC."That's interesting - but I'm very much a 2D cockpit kind of chap (at least for airliners), so hopefully I won't notice ;)I remember the old DF 737 panel - it looks very similar in terms of quality. Ian

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I guess, being on the beta team, and having quite a few real world hours in a 'real' 727, I'm a bit biased, however knowing the real aircraft as I do, all I can say is: "the review says it all and I've yet to hear a real world 727 driver complain about its correctness. (within the limitations of FS, of course.)I have all the Kick A$$ add ons and I still fly the DF727 more than any of them . . .I wonder whyBestClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Yes the view from the VC does look a bit odd as the aircraft nose doesn't seem to be there. But if you move the eyepoint forward far enough it is there - see attachment. Haven't been in the cockpit of a 727 for a very long time so I don't know how close to reality this is. I think this is workmanlike addon all the buttons seem to be there and it looks like a 25 year old aircraft which I guess was the idea. Perhaps not up to the texture quality of the PMDG 737/747 etc. but OK. I got it because I wanted a 727 in my hanger and this seemed to be the best one going.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Ahem... I happen to be a VC only guy, and I love the DF 727. In fact, it's one of my absolute favorites, occupying an honored spot in my virtual hangar right beside the masterworks created by RealAir, Carenado, MAAM, Project Sierra Hotel, and Milton Shupe. (I'm kinda partial to the VC's in those airplanes too.)

[body][p class="1MainBody" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"][span style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Brush Script MT'"]Best

"For the Virtual-Cockpit-Only crowd" - absolutely it's Definitely not up to par. "It looks flat and cartoonish": I hate cartoonish. I AM a VC flyer and, brother - MAAM's B25 and DC3 both blow it away. "There's NO depth to the VC". yada-yada. . Considering that the rest of the package is SO professionally produced - this vc is puzzling. (sorry PG)but. . . . ."Everything else about the plane is amazing": Yes - it's my number 1 aircraft; I love flying it, and I don't want a refund! Flying the DF727 from George's Boston 2 to FS Scenery's Rhode Island with Active Sky/FlightEnvironment does it for me.http://www.flightscenery.com/flightzone01/http://www.hifisim.com/http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/BT.htmhttp://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=fe2004http://www.avsim.com/ library ->bostonv2.zippj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.