Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

PAI installed and happy

As a long time UT user, I thought I test PAI after following the discussions about what the ultimate AI traffic program is.So, I downloaded all official files (airlines, cargo and AFCADs) that are available at the PAI site (took me hours to download, unzip and organize; I now have a 329MB self extracting 7-zip file which contains it all) and installed them.The PAI installer is a wonderful tool, and installing PAI packages is almost trivial.After installation, the files (aircraft, traffic bgl (over 54MB in size) and AFCADs) are kept separated from the ones already existing in FS, so uninstalling PAI is usually a matter of simply deleting some files and folders.The result is nice AI traffic with nice models, I saw no big performance breakdown.Though I don't know how accurate the schedules and how complete the airlines of PAI are, considering none of the payware is close to be perfect, I think PAI is a viable and good alternative if one is prepared for some initial work (donloading and unzipping).Andreas

Guest neilb

A lot of the PAI packages are quite out of date.Not only with flight plans, but also models and repaints. Although it is a lot more time consuming, learning to install the flightplans yourself is much more rewarding (in frame rates too).www.world-of-ai.com currently offer some packages that will make it easier for you.Like you, I started with PAI packages...and then eventually learnt enough to install my own. Its much like how you start of flying the default 747 and eventually move up to the PMDG 747.

I still use the UT core stuff but have changed most of my USA traffic, (where I fly most) to AIardvark,FSP, and other more frame rate friendly traffic. I just changed the aircraft and it all works wonderfully. The PAI models are decidedly NOT as frame rate freindly as the other newer models available with better textures and LOD'sHornit

Guest prdant

This is the first that I have heard of WoA, since I spent all weekend installing 1200+ ac from ProjectAI I hesitate to start again with another. Does this work with PAI or would I need to uninstall PAI ac.

A this time there are only a couple packages which WoA has newer flightplans and repaints.Most of the WoA packages are airlines not covered by PAI packages.However, if you have installed PAI as individual traffic files - the best course unless you use AITM's project feature - moving an airline to WoA is a very simple task of removing the old PAI traffic file for that individual airline.If you are enegertic, you could track down and remove the repaints - or be lazy like many of us and leave them in place until your next manual update.

>If you are enegertic, you could track down and remove the>repaints - or be lazy like many of us and leave them in place>until your next manual update.>I'm re-working my traffic right now. I use UT but I am trying to replace most of the models with AIA, EAI... I am using the WOAI packages if they are available and I am adding a lot of stuff manually that isn't included in UT.I started working on traffic from the day ttools came out for fs2002. Every time I have reinstalled FS since then, I just copy over my old aircraft file which has with a lot of duplicate aircraft (like the JetBlue fleet or BA world tails in PAI, FSP ARNZ...) which totals to almost 9000 different paints. :-hangTo the point, after I am done with my new improved traffic, I am going to remove all of the old textures using Aircraft Analyzer 2005. It has an option to remove the texture and aircraft.cfg entry for any repaint. It will show you whether the texture is listed in any of the traffic.bgl's so you don't delete anything that is important. It takes a little bit to reload all of the aircraft after each deletion but you can speed it up if you move all of your aircraft to a temp location and work on it in small parts.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I have all the Project AI packages installed also, but now I am starting to replace them with the World of AI packages. The World of AI planes look better than the PAI planes. (But I do like the military packages Project AI has)

Guest Rayed

>To the point, after I am done with my new improved traffic, I>am going to remove all of the old textures using Aircraft>Analyzer 2005. It has an option to remove the texture and>aircraft.cfg entry for any repaint. It will show you whetherWhat is Aircraft Analyzer? Sounds interesting..

Here is the link. It is freeware.http://aita2004.pvdveen.net/ACA2005.htm

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest dakotafan

Hi Reggie, Quick question for you...are most of the star afcads that have been created in the "Official ProjectAI" afcad files or are theyscattered here at AVSIM? Thanks, Dave

>>Here is the link. It is freeware.>>>>http://aita2004.pvdveen.net/ACA2005.htm>>Thanks, looks like good tool, unfortunatley it crashes on my>system, but I'll work around it.Did you install .net framework 1.1?

YesThe PAI database system doesn't work well to identify star AFCADS separately. There are several on the PAI AFCAD site - but none to my knowledge in the packages.I updated a group of AFCADs one the PAI site a while back but haven't had time to put them together in a group.I still get five or ten e-mails a week "Your AFCAD is bad - the ATIS is calling out runways that are not on the airport" or "Runway x is only for landings (or takeoffs) in the real world. Your AFCAD is messed up I cannot stop planes from landing on it." Of course they always want the other end of the same runway open for landing, or takeoff as the case may be.Star runway AFCADs are a poor compromise at best - the only reason we even use them is there is no other option.You just have to search and find the ones you want.Sorry.