Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

FSW from a 3rd party perspective.

Something also worth mentioning is that we want to make sure add-ons play nicely with each other! 

• Upvote 3

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

1 hour ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

I've been trying to reach Dovetail 3rd party head for almost a year now with no response whatsoever. To be honest this doesn't sit well with me. In the meantime, I've seen various non-dev folks with early access copies, while virtually every developer I know is in the dark about FSW and its intentions regarding 3rd party development, SDK and any sort of positive reason why we should support FSW as a developer. 

If you guys are intentionally going the MS Flight route and keeping 3rd party devs as spectators, I'd say great work so far. If you are intending to have developers enrich FSW, then Simon.. or whoever is heading 3rd party management needs to reaching out to us (or respond to his emails)

Who are all the developers that are working with DTG? According to Flightbeam, PMDG etc there is no discussion at all! 

What do we know? Carenado aircraft  and Orbx Global scenery? Thats about it......

If you have Flightbeam and PMDG saying the same things it doesn't bode well.

Didn't I also see Accu-Feel?

It seems to me it might still be a little early with regards to knowing who's involved doing what. And who knows what agreements are in place with various devs and the disclosure policies of all paries. Yes we know the one's who have publicly stated they don't intend to be involved and that's fine. Honestly, I only know of PMDG's standpoint from what I've read here because I don't have any of their products and I'm not a member of their community.

If I am a dev who is creating addon content, I'd be reluctant to announce anything before too much before I can actually make it available. I'm guessing when FSW is out of EA.

Again, maybe just me.

Barry

Edited by BEARlyThereCDN
that should be "parties" not "paries :-|
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Who are all the developers that are working with DTG? According to Flightbeam, PMDG etc there is no discussion at all! 

What do we know? Carenado aircraft  and Orbx Global scenery? Thats about it......

If you have Flightbeam and PMDG saying the same things it doesn't bode well.

You'll be pleased to know Mir was put in touch with our 3PP team today. If a representative from PMDG wants to get in touch, we will happily have a chat with them :happy:

• Upvote 2

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

I honestly don't remember the days when FSX was released - I anyone remember what level of involvement and interaction ACES had with 3PP's and vice versa?

I kind of like what I'm seeing here from DTG. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

You'll be pleased to know Mir was put in touch with our 3PP team today. If a representative from PMDG wants to get in touch, we will happily have a chat with them :happy:

rsrandazzo is the person you're looking for. This is the most recent topic he made regarding FSW.

Júnior Silva

For the start, we have 7 great GA to entertain our simmer minds for a good while.

The instrument panels of the more sophisticated models look rather complex, enough to give me what I need for IFR planning and tranning !

Whatever comes next will certainly be welcomed, and I hope than in less than 1 yr we may have the Steam FWS store entries filled with good products covering various aspects of the simulation, and FSW progressing towards their most ambitious goals.

I am ready !  A full 250 GB SDD is awaiting :-)

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, JSilva said:

rsrandazzo is the person you're looking for. This is the most recent topic he made regarding FSW.

Thank you. If he gets in touch we'll be happy to speak to him :happy:

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Thanks for sharing this great information!  I have a couple questions regarding 3rd party development

How long could it take an average developer with an average team/resources to create a quality commercial or private jets?  Not asking for PMDG level, but something on par with default FSX or X-Plane aircraft.  That's when this will become a "real" sim to me and other jetsetters

I have no interest in GA.  However, I plan in buying the game tomorrow to support the community and invest in the platform.  However, I will not fully start getting into the game until they have jets (Lear 45 or 738 at a minimum)

Simply beating a dead horse here:  VR would be awesome.  Flown it with FlyInside and FS2 on my Vive and it is AMAZING.

Cheers to the developers and I'm really hoping this game is a success for years to come!

6 minutes ago, JSilva said:

imho opposite, Mr. rsrandazzo is the person who should contact Dovetail not vice versa.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, JSilva said:

There are many skilled developers like PMDG. The future is bright with and without PMDG.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, blaird22 said:

How long could it take an average developer with an average team/resources to create a quality commercial or private jets?  

Thank you for your support! To be honest, I have no idea. It depends on the developer and what they have going on. I personally am not an aircraft developer so I can't give you a ballpark timeframe, I'm afraid. 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

I think now things clear, so waiting Thursday, maybe before?

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Cheers to everyone for the chat today, it's always a pleasure! 

I have to get some sleep if you want FSW released on time :tongue: so I will say goodnight for now and thank you everyone for getting in touch this evening.

Speak soon,

Aimee

• Upvote 3

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg