Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Cannot use 747 with FSX:SE

Hi all,

So i decided to take some advice and buy FSX Steam edition. I uninstalled my boxed FSX version and installed the Steam. I then began installing the PMDG 747 and just two payware airports for a first test flight. I cannot use this beauty with FSX:SE. When i load a flight and the aircraft initialising countdown begins, as soon as it hits 12 seconds FSX:SE goes into not responding mode and crashes to desktop. I have no idea what to do, I have tried tips given from steam but it just won't work. Does anyone have any idea why this won't load and let me fly the 747 with FSX:SE? I'd rather like to avoid going back to the boxed version..

Thank you

Hi,

First, do you launch FSX:SE with admin rights?

Also If you open the event viewer what process is crashing FSX:SE?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

3 hours ago, Mejjo said:

So i decided to take some advice and buy FSX Steam edition. I uninstalled my boxed FSX version and installed the Steam.

Did you make sure that FSX Steam installed with the proper folder names?  If it detects any trace of FSX Box it uses different folder names.  Check C:\users\[NAME]\appdata\Roaming\Microsoft and see if there is a folder called FSX-SE.  If there is, Steam did not install correctly.

Also, did you run all three legacy simconnect installers?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

4 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Did you make sure that FSX Steam installed with the proper folder names?  If it detects any trace of FSX Box it uses different folder names.  Check C:\users\[NAME]\appdata\Roaming\Microsoft and see if there is a folder called FSX-SE.  If there is, Steam did not install correctly.

Also, did you run all three legacy simconnect installers?

Mike

Hi there, I have checked the folder and it does not say FSX:SE anywhere, Just says FSX. Does that mean it installed correctly? Or should it say FSX:SE? 

7 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

First, do you launch FSX:SE with admin rights?

Also If you open the event viewer what process is crashing FSX:SE?

Hi

Yep, always make sure i run with admin rights, I will have a look in the event viewer. 

I use FSX-SE, and have not had any issues whatsoever installing and using the latest PMDG 747 v3 QOtS.

I just followed all the tips above, Loaded back up and watched the clock countdown, Hits 12 seconds and FSX goes not responding and crashes to desktop, I've checked event viewer and there isn't even a log for the crash :(

3 minutes ago, vc10man said:

I use FSX-SE, and have not had any issues whatsoever installing and using the latest PMDG 747 v3 QOtS.

vc10man

Could you possible clarify something for me please. I did have the boxed version and i believe i uninstalled it all correctly. When installing FSX:SE should the appdata/roaming/microsoft folder say FSX or FSX:SE. The above post states it should be FSX and if its FSX:SE then it did not install correctly, I was under the impression it should say FSX:SE and if its shows FSX then that means it did not install correctly. 

Thank you all. 

How do you load the flight:

What is te default aircraft and scenery on the free flight screen? Are they stock aircraft and scenery?

Which panel state are you loading the 747 with? 

Does it crash only with the QOTS II or can you try with another addon, PMDG's if you have another one?

5 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

should the appdata/roaming/microsoft folder say FSX or FSX:SE

Mine is appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX with only FSX:SE installed and everything works fine so I don't think the folder should be named FSX:SE.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

15 minutes ago, Budbud said:

How do you load the flight:

What is te default aircraft and scenery on the free flight screen? Are they stock aircraft and scenery?

Which panel state are you loading the 747 with? 

Does it crash only with the QOTS II or can you try with another addon, PMDG's if you have another one?

Mine is appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX with only FSX:SE installed and everything works fine so I don't think the folder should be named FSX:SE.

Hi, 

The default aircraft is the Trike

I've not changed any panel state with the 747 upon installation, so whichever is the default after installing.

I will try another addon and see if i get a crash. 

I have just tried again and it crashed, this time however there is a log in the event viewer and it says the following: 

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.62615.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

I've never had an error like this before. Title of the source says ApplicationHang. Seems it goes not responding and then crashes with this error. 

So you don't have a process crashed in the event viewer?

Not pretty sure it is related but it can't do any harm:

Try to disable your antivirus before loading FSX:SE and see whether it works.

Let me know if loading another addon works.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi Bud,

Just tried a default aircraft and believe it or not.... Same thing happens! Freezes then crashes, So NOT just a PMDG issue, Sorry to bring it to this forum. I have no idea what else i can do. When i uninstalled FSX Boxed i did a registry clean, However i had a look through the registry and there was still a entry there for FSX boxed. Don't know if that would cause any conflict? 

14 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Don't know if that would cause any conflict? 

It may be. You can try to repair your FSX registry with the tool from here:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Then try again to launch the sim (also try with the antivirus disabled just in case).

If it still doesn't work, then I would advise to uninstall fsx steam, clean your Windows registry with a software (there are numerous around).

Then reinstall FSX:SE.

If it is an issue with the registry, I don't think there is much else you can do.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

As someone who will often state that uninstalls/reinstalls rarely fix issues, I think this is one case where it might be better to uninstall our aircraft, uninstall FSX:SE, and go in and ensure that you have fully uninstalled the old version of FSX. After that, ensure that the registry has been cleaned to remove references to both sim locations. Something got messed up when you installed FSX:SE and/or our aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

There's file verification function for FSX on Steam that might fix it - can't hurt to try

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2