Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Prepar3d website updated

Finally, V4 is near or something is coming for sure.

Same happened during V3 and V2 releases.

I haven't been here for a while due to the fact I gave up on v3.4 period.  No point wasting time on that release.  But I do like shiny new things.

Lets see what happens

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

It's about V3.4 ...

I see a lot of guys going crazy about nothing ..

Arhh man... can't you just let us have this...? :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

It's about V3.4 ...

I see a lot of guys going crazy about nothing ..

Arhh man... can't you just let us have this...? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

They should make the product as Prepard4D. :biggrin:

My%20Signature.jpg

My speculation would be that when you see screenshots posted legitimately by beta testers released from NDA, only then can you expect a release would be imminent. Until then, it's still in a closed beta.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

7 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

My speculation would be that when you see screenshots posted legitimately by beta testers released from NDA, only then can you expect a release would be imminent. Until then, it's still in a closed beta.

Vic

As far as I remember the first set of screens for V3 was posted literally a week prior to release

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

I can't remember how they managed the V3 release.  Was it a sudden release or was there more about it before the release date?

Yes, it was sudden (dig the archives), but it's not necessary true for upcoming releases. 

The V4 purchase links are live on the site, but you have to change the product ID in the URL to find them. There is a 90day free trial of the pro version which you can legitimately order and it appears in your license list, but there are no download links just yet. 

Jack Cannon

V2 Wes Bard provided me with the freedom to post Beta screenshots and videos as I was NOT a content provider and hence no product bias.  In V3 onwards Adam Breed tightened up the NDA for all.

V2 was "new" (more significant changes over V1.x series) and less established which is probably why I was given the ok by Wes ... which later on in the V2.x series caused some contention (content providers perhaps thought I was showing a bias -- which I can assure them I have none) with others on the Beta team (aka competitors).  So for V3 onwards, as user/3rd party base grew, there were no exceptions being made for the NDA.

For better or worse I don't know, I suppose you can argue points for and against for either approach (Wes or Adam).  There was certainly some V2.x beta video leverage abuse by a few end users creating some issues for 3rd party content providers, so Adam's approach is probably best for 3rd party content providers.

Cheers, Rob.

12 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

content providers perhaps thought I was showing a bias

What about showing beta videos that do not include any third party content? For example default scenery showing an FPS of 60 with an LOD of 100 or that scene with the "God Rays" we've been waiting for :laugh:

I should be in marketing,

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Why do you guys torture yourselves?:biggrin:

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

23 minutes ago, angeli662 said:

Why do you guys torture yourselves?:biggrin:

Speaking for myself I am judging my next purchase.

spacer.png

As the background is black, perhaps P3D V4 has died :ohmy:

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

Speaking for myself I am judging my next purchase.

Boomer, with the price of a bottle of cheap wine you can get a new Sim (alpha) and for us that bought DFS it is already in the bag.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.