Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Just 2 days away from the Historic Day !

constructive criticism is a good thing I am afraid is the nonsense ones. :cool:

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Hi Cryss,

Will your business model include free updates to the Early Access/beta, or, as the game matures, will there be costs to upgrade the version? ie.. No cost for a v1, v1.1, & v1.2, & a cost for an v2, v3 etc?

Will there be free add-on's for the Early Access'ors as a 'reward'? (as was done with Flight School?)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

49 minutes ago, jcomm said:

For a start...

Well, those are some valid points. :happy: Thanks. FSW has a few things going for it, of course, but the things that are important to me it doesn't address. I will see what the future brings. It is nice having so much sims to keep a eye on.

What Early Access ACTUALLY means!! ------ An incomplete game! (yes, that's what they call it!)

From Steam....
http://store.steampowered.com/app/389280/Flight_Sim_World/

Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development

Why Early Access?
“The current flight sim space is a fountain of experience and expertise, and Early Access is our way of drawing upon that knowledge to make Flight Sim World the best it can be. We will have a better, stronger simulation platform if we collaborate with you on the future of this project.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We intend to roll out planned features over the next three to four months. This includes time to discuss and implement your valuable feedback. That being said, we're not setting any hard limits on how long we will be in this phase. When it’s ready, it’s ready!”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“During Early Access, we plan to roll out additional features, some of which will have an immediate impact on gameplay while others will provide the necessary extensions for future plans. Ultimately, our criteria for leaving the Early Access program is for Flight Sim World to be a stable platform upon which you are able to build the flight experience you want.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Flight Sim World is very much still in development. There are still more features and gameplay options which need to be implemented over the next few months which we are excited to share with you as they are made available.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The Early Access version of Flight Sim World is priced lower than the full release. This reflects the amount of content that will be added over the coming months and also makes it a good time for you to get involved in the Early Access process.
Price will change during the Early Access period, however this is largely subject to incoming features.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We want to give you the chance to be part of a hobby you are passionate about, while harnessing your knowledge and expertise to make Flight Sim World the best that it can be. We will be releasing updates and interacting with you regularly to test ideas, resolve issues, and help guide us in the right direction.”

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Nothing new under the sun.

Early Access is not a bad thing and has been around since YEARS for a lot of games. I understand however that, if one is just used on playing FSX/P3D, he might not be up with how things are.

Either way, it isn't a bad thing per se. Sure, there are cases of people pushing games in EA just to get a profit and drop it. But this mostly happens with already shady or unreliable small software houses or developers. DTG has a solid and successful story with the Train Sim series, and they delivered FSX-SE too. They are trust worthy.

Does it mean that big engine changes will be introduced during the EA? Personally, i don't think so. I don't expect big features like dynamic lights to be introduced in this step of the game development. Or say, a complete change on how landclass and vectors are used. I think the most out of the base engine has been done before entering Early Access.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Good thing this is not the days of only brick and mortar or we would be camping out until the doors open.

So what time is the virtual doors open for release on the 18th? Steam/Valve is in PST. DTG is London time GMT +1 or perhaps its 00:00 GMT?

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

15 minutes ago, france89 said:

Does it mean that big engine changes will be introduced during the EA? Personally, i don't think so. I don't expect big features like dynamic lights to be introduced in this step of the game development. Or say, a complete change on how landclass and vectors are used. I think the most out of the base engine has been done before entering Early Access.

If they only plan to be in Early Access for 3-4 months, then there's no way they'll be able to implement any major features or changes compared to what's coming out tomorrow. For example, Aerofly FS2 has been in EA for about 1 year and hasn't changed all that much. Or you can look at Prepar3D and X-Plane and how long it takes for any major changes to get implemented with those.

• Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

29 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Good thing this is not the days of only brick and mortar or we would be camping out until the doors open.

So what time is the virtual doors open for release on the 18th? Steam/Valve is in PST. DTG is London time GMT +1 or perhaps its 00:00 GMT?

From the steam store page:

Available: 18 May

This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 4 hours

6 minutes ago, JimmiG said:

If they only plan to be in Early Access for 3-4 months, then there's no way they'll be able to implement any major features or changes compared to what's coming out tomorrow.

I have to say I was amazed to read that... 3-4 months for EA is quite short, specially since a lot things still need to be implemented. Then again, no one knows what those 'planned features' are, of course. But listening to feedback from the sim community and then implement things in 3-4 months... well...

Very enthusiastic, the Steam Countdown says now:
This game will be unlocked in about 1 day and 3 hours

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

34 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

From the steam store page:

Available: 18 May

This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 4 hours

Thanks. Never noticed the countdown

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I believe DTG deserves a big hurray for actually moving FSX forwards. They are actually trying to improving the FSX base. The alternative (not doing this) is not good for anyone in the sim community. Keep also in mind that it is not an easy task to re-engineer an old "game".  It takes time and DTG deserves and needs our support to do this.

It is very simple for us to shoot this new bird down from the sky by negative feedbacks , but it really needs our support to keep flying higher and higher.

• Upvote 1

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

5 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Thanks. Never noticed the countdown

I also do not remember seeing it before, when I saw it for the first time it marked 2 days and 18 hours.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Looking forward to seeing it in action. :-)

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Hi Cryss,

Will your business model include free updates to the Early Access/beta, or, as the game matures, will there be costs to upgrade the version? ie.. No cost for a v1, v1.1, & v1.2, & a cost for an v2, v3 etc?

Will there be free add-on's for the Early Access'ors as a 'reward'? (as was done with Flight School?)

Early Access means you'll receive any updates free of charge. 

We don't plan to have add-ons specifically for the people in Early Access, but we do have some big updates planned! 

• Upvote 3

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch